Welcome bonus offer
New American Express® Aeroplan®* Cardmembers can earn up to 50,000 Aeroplan points:
Earn 35,000 Aeroplan points after spending $3,000 in net purchases on your Card within the first 6 months of Cardmembership
Plus, earn 2,500 Aeroplan points for each monthly billing period in which you spend $500 in purchases on your Card for the first 6 months of Cardmembership. That could add up to 15,000 Aeroplan points
New Cardmembers: Earn up to $1,100 in value within your first year. Spend applies to bonus point offers valued at up to $1,000
Earn Points You Can Use On Your Next Trip
- Standard Earn Rate: Earn 2X the points on eligible purchases made directly with Air Canada®* and Air Canada vacations®*
- Standard Earn Rate: Earn 1.5X the points on eligible Dining and Food Delivery purchases in Canada
- Standard Earn Rate: Earn 1X the points on everything else
- Enjoy your first checked bag free (up to 23kg/50lb) for up to 9 people travelling on the same reservation on Air Canada®* flights
- Earn 1,000 Status Qualifying Miles and 1 Status Qualifying Segment for every $10,000 in eligible net purchases charged to your Card
Earn Points Faster. Reward Yourself Sooner.
- As an American Express Aeroplan Cardmember, you can often book flight rewards for even fewer points with preferred pricing
- American Express® Experiences: From music and movies, to specially curated dining and online shopping opportunities,
- Enjoy an array of travel related insurance benefits such as Lost or Stolen Baggage Insurance and up to $500,000 in Travel Accident Insurance
- 24/7 Customer Service and Emergency Card Replacement
- As part of their commitment to sustainability, the American Express® Aeroplan®* Card has been made with 70% reclaimed plastic
- No pre-set spending limit on purchases gives you flexibility. Using a charge card is a great way to manage your finances as the balance must be paid in full each month*
* American Express is not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details and current product information click the Apply now link. Conditions apply
- Priority airport services Yes
- Airport lounge access No
- Concierge service No
- Balance protection(Optional) No
- Purchase Security & Extended Protection Insurance Yes
- Flight delay insurance,Baggage Insurance Yes
- Vehicule rental insurance Yes
- Travel accident insurance Yes
- Travel medical insurance Yes
- Annual Fee: $120
- Additional Card Fee: $50
- Purchases Interest Rate: -%
- Cash Advance Interest Rate: -%
- You're a Canadian resident
- You've reached the age of majority in your province or territory
Travel lightly with a free checked bag
You and up to eight companions travelling on the same reservation will enjoy your first checked bag free (up to 23kg/50lb) when your travel originates on an Air Canada flight4
Reach Aeroplan EliteTM* Status Faster
As the Basic Cardmember, you will earn 1,000 Status Qualifying Miles and 1 Status Qualifying Segment for every $10,000 in eligible net purchases charged to your American Express Aeroplan Card5
Flight Delay Insurance
Baggage Delay Insurance
Hotel Burglary Insurance
Car Rental Theft and Damage Insurance
$500,000 Travel Accident Insurance
- Travel Emergency Assistance
American Express Aeroplan Card
The American Express Aeroplan Card is a charge card that allows users to also collect points towards the Aeroplan loyalty program. Check out the features of the credit card below.
The Aeroplan Card allows users to earn points towards Air Canada’s Aeroplan loyalty program. With this credit card, you will earn points at the following rates:
- Earn 2 points per dollar spent on Air Canada and Air Canada Vacations
- Earn 1.5 points per dollar spent on dining and food delivery in Canada
- Earn 1 point per dollar spent elsewhere
Currently, there is a welcome bonus for this credit card of up to 50,000 Aeroplan®* Points.New American Express® Aeroplan®* Cardmembers can earn up to $1,100 in value within your first year and a bonus Buddy Pass:
Before applying for the Aeroplan Card, you should be mindful of the fees. Below is a list of fees that are associated with this credit card.
- Annual fee: $120
- Interest rate: 30%*
- Additional cards: $50 each
* Note: This credit card is a charge card which means the balance must be paid in full each month. If the balance is not paid in full, interest will be charged.
Given that the Aeroplan Card is a travel-based credit card, it comes with an array of travel perks. Below are some additional benefits that come with this card.
- Your first checked bag is free on Air Canada flights for up to 9 people.
- Earn Aeroplan Elite Status faster.
- No pre-set spending limit.
- Access to AMEX special offers including Front Of The Line and exclusive experiences.
- Travel insurance coverage.
- Purchase protection and extended warranty.
You can earn Aeroplan points (“points”) for eligible consumer purchases at American Express retail merchants as follows: Earn 2 points for every $1 of eligible purchases made directly with Air Canada. Earn 1.5 points for every $1 of eligible purchases at restaurant, quick service restaurant, coffee shop and drinking establishments in Canada, and delivery of food in Canada as a primary business, but not including groceries. Eligible Air Canada purchases means only those purchases made directly with Air Canada as the merchant, including Air Canada Vacations packages purchased directly from Air Canada. Air Canada purchases using your card at another merchant or service provider that sells Air Canada goods or services would not be an eligible Air Canada purchase, such as purchasing (i) Air Canada tickets from an online website other than Air Canada, through a travel agent including American Express Travel Services, or as part of a vacation package from another merchant, (ii) Air Canada gift cards, (iii) Air Canada Maple Leaf Club memberships or (iv) if you make a purchase through Air Canada with another merchant such as a hotel or car rental booking on the aircanada.com website. Earn rate of 1 point for every $1 applies when the merchant code is not in an eligible category, using a payment account or service of a third party, a card reader attached to a mobile phone or online retailer that sells goods of other merchants or the merchant category is otherwise not identified. Provided your account is in good standing, points can be earned on eligible purchases less returns and other credits. Interest charges, annual fees, other fees and cash equivalent transactions are not purchases and do not qualify for Aeroplan points.
2 Purchase must be charged in full to an American Express Card. Subject to availability and to event and ticketing terms, restrictions, verification procedures and fees. Tickets and packages may not be transferable and should not be resold. No refunds and no exchanges subject to merchant's obligations under applicable law.
3 From time to time, eligible Basic Aeroplan Cardmembers can get access to preferred pricing, which means they can book flight rewards for even fewer points. The number of points required to book a flight reward is determined by several factors, including, but not limited to, holding an eligible Aeroplan credit card and a member logging into their Aeroplan account, along with other rules as determined by Aeroplan in its sole discretion.
4 A Basic Cardmember or eligible Supplementary Cardmember, and up to eight (8) other passengers traveling on the same reservation (up to a maximum of 9 travellers), are each entitled to a free first checked bag up to 23kg/50lb. Benefit only applies when checking in with Air Canada, for a flight operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge or under the Air Canada Express brand. Benefit is not available if check-in is with another airline. If the first checked bag is already complimentary (for example, as a result of Aeroplan EliteTM Status or fare purchased), there is no additional checked bag benefit that will be provided. Free first checked bag benefit may not be applied retroactively, and no refunds will be issued. Service charges for additional/oversized/overweight baggage may apply. For more information on baggage restrictions, please visit www.aircanada.com/baggage.
®: Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express.
®*, TM: For trademark ownership details see: americanexpress.ca/aeroplantrademarks