Welcome bonus offer
- New American Express® Aeroplan®* Cardmembers can earn up to a total of 40,000 welcome bonus Aeroplan points and a bonus Buddy Pass:
- Earn 10,000 Aeroplan points and a bonus Buddy Pass for an eligible round-trip flight within North America after spending $1,500 in purchases within the first three months of Cardmembership
- Plus, you can also earn 2,500 Aeroplan points for each monthly billing period in which you spend $500 in purchases on your Card for the first twelve months of Cardmembership. That could add up to 30,000 Aeroplan points
- With a bonus Buddy Pass, you can bring a friend anywhere Air Canada®* flies in North America. On the second ticket, you only pay the taxes and third-party charges
- New Cardmembers: Earn up to $1,200 in value within your first year. Spend applies to bonus point offers valued at up to $800
Earn Points You Can Use On Your Next Trip
Earn 2x the points on eligible purchases made directly with Air Canada®* and Air Canada Vacations®*7
Earn 1.5x the points on eligible Dining and Food Delivery purchases in Canada7
Earn 1x the points on everything else7
Experience the joy of twice the points: Earn points twice by paying with your American Express Aeroplan Card at more than 150 Aeroplan partners8
As part of their commitment to sustainability, the American Express® Aeroplan®* Card has been made with 70% reclaimed plastic.
Earn Points Faster. Reward Yourself Sooner.Aeroplan flight rewards are just the beginning. Aeroplan points can be redeemed for merchandise, gift cards and much more.
Choose flights to over 200 destinations on Air Canada, and more than 1,300 destinations available through airline partners9
As an American Express Aeroplan Cardmember, you can often book flight rewards for even fewer points with preferred pricing10
In addition to flights, you can also redeem for hotel stays, car rentals, vacation packages, merchandise and more8
American Express is not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details and current product information click the Apply now link. Conditions apply
- Priority airport services Yes
- Airport lounge access No
- Concierge service No
- Balance protection(Optional) No
- Purchase Security & Extended Protection Insurance Yes
- Flight delay insurance,Baggage Insurance Yes
- Vehicule rental insurance Yes
- Travel accident insurance Yes
- Travel medical insurance Yes
- Annual Fee: $120
- Additional Card Fee: $50
- Purchases Interest Rate: -%
- Cash Advance Interest Rate: -%
- You're a Canadian resident
- You've reached the age of majority in your province or territory
Travel lightly with a free checked bag
You and up to eight companions travelling on the same reservation will enjoy your first checked bag free (up to 23kg/50lb) when your travel originates on an Air Canada flight4
Reach Aeroplan EliteTM* Status Faster
As the Basic Cardmember, you will earn 1,000 Status Qualifying Miles and 1 Status Qualifying Segment for every $10,000 in eligible net purchases charged to your American Express Aeroplan Card5
Flight Delay Insurance
Baggage Delay Insurance
Hotel Burglary Insurance
Car Rental Theft and Damage Insurance
$500,000 Travel Accident Insurance
- Travel Emergency Assistance
American Express Aeroplan Card
The American Express Aeroplan Card is a charge card that allows users to also collect points towards the Aeroplan loyalty program. Check out the features of the credit card below.
The Aeroplan Card allows users to earn points towards Air Canada’s Aeroplan loyalty program. With this credit card, you will earn points at the following rates:
- Earn 2 points per dollar spent on Air Canada and Air Canada Vacations
- Earn 1.5 points per dollar spent on dining and food delivery in Canada
- Earn 1 point per dollar spent elsewhere
Currently, there is a welcome bonus for this credit card of up to 40,000 Aeroplan®* Points.New American Express® Aeroplan®* Cardmembers can earn up to a total of 40,000 welcome bonus Aeroplan points and a bonus Buddy Pass:Earn 10,000 Aeroplan points and a bonus Buddy Pass for an eligible round-trip flight within North America after spending $1,500 in purchases within the first three months of Cardmembership
Before applying for the Aeroplan Card, you should be mindful of the fees. Below is a list of fees that are associated with this credit card.
- Annual fee: $120
- Interest rate: 30%*
- Additional cards: $50 each
* Note: This credit card is a charge card which means the balance must be paid in full each month. If the balance is not paid in full, interest will be charged.
Given that the Aeroplan Card is a travel-based credit card, it comes with an array of travel perks. Below are some additional benefits that come with this card.
- Your first checked bag is free on Air Canada flights for up to 9 people.
- Earn Aeroplan Elite Status faster.
- No pre-set spending limit.
- Access to AMEX special offers including Front Of The Line and exclusive experiences.
- Travel insurance coverage.
- Purchase protection and extended warranty.