WELCOME BONUS OFFER
New American Express® AIR MILES®* Reserve Credit Card Cardmembers, earn a welcome bonus of 2,400 AIR MILES®* Bonus Miles when you charge a total of $3,000 in purchases to your Card within your first 3 months of Card membership. That's enough for two select flights
- Your ticket to the World of Onyx®* - Receive automatic Onyx® Collector status
- Once a year, when you redeem for any flight Reward within the AIR MILES®* Reward Program, you can receive up to a maximum of 1,700 Miles towards a Companion Flight, for your companion to travel with you for the same itinerary (offer excludes service charges if applicable and taxes)
- Get 1 Mile for every $10 in Card purchases at eligible AIR MILES®* Partners (excludes purchases made at airmilesshops.ca)
- Get 1 Mile for every $10 in Card purchases at other eligible grocery stores, gas stations and drugstores in Canada
- Plus, get 1 Mile for every $15 in Card purchases everywhere else
- You can receive four (4) complimentary visits per year to more than 1,300 airport lounges around the globe. After your four (4) complimentary visits have been used for the year, you may continue to visit the lounges for a usage fee at the prevailing rate
- American Express is not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details and current product information click the Apply now link. Conditions apply
- Priority airport services Yes
- Airport lounge access Yes
- Concierge service Yes
- Balance protection(Optional) No
- Purchase Security & Extended Protection Insurance Yes
- Flight delay insurance,Baggage Insurance Yes
- Vehicle rental insurance Yes
- Travel accident insurance Yes
- Travel medical insurance Yes
- Annual Fee: $299
- Additional Card Fee: $0
- Purchases Interest Rate: 20.99%
- Cash Advance Interest Rate: 21.99%
- You're a Canadian resident
- You've reached the age of majority in your province or territory
EXCLUSIVE ANNUAL COMPANION FLIGHT BENEFIT
Once a year, when you redeem for any flight Reward within the AIR MILES®* Reward Program, you can receive up to a maximum of 1,700 Miles towards a Companion Flight, for your companion to travel with you for the same itinerary (offer excludes service charges if applicable and taxes)
AIR MILES FLEXFLY, A RESERVE EXCLUSIVE
Through AIR MILES FlexFly Redemptions, you can access additional airlines and destinations, departure times, and economy, business and first class seats on flights not available within the AIR MILES Flight Program.
American Express provides their customers with a lucrative bonus offer when they obtain the Air Miles Reserve credit card.
After the bonus, card holders earn one Air Mile for every $10 spent on eligible Air Miles partner purchases and other eligible purchases such as gas, groceries and pharmacy. One Air Mile is earned for every $15 spent elsewhere. Card holders can redeem their points on flights, hotels, merchandise, car rentals, electronics, among many other things. In addition, card holders will earn Onyx status, a Companion Flight on a round trip economy flight once a year, four complimentary visits to airport lounges around the globe and Priority Pass status. Lastly, card holders also can take advantage of American Express customer benefits including Front of the Line, travel insurance, purchase insurance and Insider Access.
On the flip side, there are some disadvantages to this credit card. First, all of these perks aren’t free, as you can probably imagine! The annual fee for this credit card is $299 which is much more expensive than most travel-based credit cards in Canada. Second, AMEX isn’t as widely accepted as other credit cards are, like Visa and Mastercard. Using an American Express card day to day can be challenging since not every store or vendor will accept it as payment.
In summary, the American Express Air Miles Reserve credit card is a superb choice if you’re dedicated to Air Miles and want to travel in style. If the annual fee is out of your budget, American Express also offers a Platinum version with a less expensive annual fee and a basic version with no annual fee. But remember, the more you pay, the more you’ll get!