BMO CashBack® Mastercard®Review
Enjoy cash back on groceries in Canada without paying an annual fee*
Get up to 5% cash back in your first 3 months and a 0.99% introductory interest rate on balance transfers for 9 months with a 2% transfer fee.
3% cash back
On grocery purchases, so you can earn more on your favourite foods and the essentials.
1% cash back
On recurring bill payments such as streaming services, subscriptions or monthly utilities.
0.5% cash back
On all other purchases, so you earn every time you spend.
- Priority airport services No
- Airport lounge access No
- Concierge service No
- Balance protection(Optional) No
- Purchase Security & Extended Protection Insurance Yes
- Flight delay insurance,Baggage Insurance No
- Vehicle rental insurance No
- Travel accident insurance No
- Travel medical insurance No
- Annual Fee: $0
- Additional Card Fee: $0
- Purchases Interest Rate: 20.99%
- Cash Advance Interest Rate: 22.99%
- You're a Canadian resident
- You've reached the age of majority in your province or territory
- Your cash back rewards never expire as long as your account is open and in good standing
- No waiting! Redeem your cash back any time you want for as little as $1
- Set up an automatic deposit whenever you reach a certain amount, starting at $25
Enjoy the flexibility to put your cash back where you want:
- Statement credit
- BMO chequing or savings account
- Earn even more cash back when you add another cardholder for free.
- Shop confidently with an extended warranty and purchase protection.
- Save up to 25% off rentals at participating National Car Rental and Alamo Rent a Car locations.
- Get 15% off admission to Cirque du Soleil shows touring Canada48, and 20% off resident shows in Las Vegas.
BMO Cashback Mastercard users earn 3% cash back on grocery purchases, 1% cash back on recurring bill payments and 0.5% cash back on all other purchases. There is no limit on the amount of cash you can earn. BMO is currently offering a sign-up bonus whereby you’ll earn 5% cash back during your first three months of card ownership. In addition, there is an introductory interest rate of 1.99% that lasts nine months for balance transfers however you’ll be required to pay a one-time 2% transfer fee.
This credit card has no annual fee and comes with purchase protection, extended warranty, and the ability to add additional cardholders for free. Cardholders also receive 25% off participating National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car locations. Another perk is 15% off Canadian Cirque du Soleil tours and 20% off Las Vegas Cirque du Soleil tours. Finally, BMO is one of Canada’s largest and most reputable banks. With this credit card, you’ll be able to take advantage of the perks offered to their large customer base.