Card features you'll like the most Cash Back Make your everyday purchases profitable.
Mobile Device Insurance Protect your cellphone, smartphone or tablet.
Travel Insurance For the first 3 days of your trips. Purchase Protection and Extended Warranty For most goods purchased with your card.
- Priority airport services No
- Airport lounge access No
- Concierge service No
- Balance protection(Optional) No
- Purchase Security & Extended Protection Insurance Yes
- Flight delay insurance,Baggage Insurance No
- Vehicule rental insurance No
- Travel accident insurance No
- Travel medical insurance Yes
- Annual Fee: $0
- Additional Card Fee: $0
- Purchases Interest Rate: 19.99%
- Cash Advance Interest Rate: 22.99%
- You're a Canadian resident
- You've reached the age of majority in your province or territory
- Other features 21-day grace period to pay your bill without incurring credit charges
- No transaction fees
- Contactless payment technology
- Online shopping protection Visa Checkout (available on Visa cards only) Masterpass
- Get a discount on short-term car rentals at participating Hertz locations worldwide.
- Canada and the U.S. (at participating locations) 10% off Hertz weekend, weekly or monthly rental rates on all car classes 5% off Hertz daily rental rates on all car classes Outside Canada and the U.S. (at participating locations) 10% off Hertz "Affordable Europe" rates.
The Desjardins Cashback Card is yet another card from Desjardins with no annual fee. Again, it's non-impressive in terms of cashback, offering you only 1% back on your purchases. However, you may get additional cards for free, plus car rental discounts at Hertz. Let's explore some of the features of this card below.
First, you don't have to pay anything for it. The interest rate is at a standard $19.99, but that's pretty much all that you're going to have to pay. However, you can get insurance for your mobile device for up to $1,000. Very few card providers give you mobile or tablet insurance for free.
Just like other Desjardins cards, you can benefit from travel insurance for free during the first 3 days of your travel. This includes everything, from trip cancellation and emergency medical trips to baggage insurance and interruption.
For Hertz rentals, you can get 10% back. You can also enjoy free travel assistance. When you travel abroad, you'll have to pay a low 2.5% currency conversion fee. However, for the balance transfer, you'll have to pay a high 21.99%, so you should not use this card to pay off your debt.