- This offer is only available to new Choice Card from American ExpressTM Cardmembers. For current or former Choice Card from American ExpressTM Cardmembers, we may approve your application, but you will not be eligible for the Welcome Bonus. Offer subject to change. To qualify for the Welcome Bonus you must have at least $1,000 in net purchases posted to your account in your first 3 months of Cardmembership. Account must be in good standing. Please allow up to eight weeks for the Welcome Bonus to be awarded.
- Account must be in good standing. An additional card is a supplementary card. No annual fee for supplementary cards. Supplementary Cardmembers must be at least 13 years old. Maximum of 9 supplementary cards per account.
- You can earn Membership Rewards points for eligible consumer purchases at American Express retail merchants as follows: 1 point for every $1 in eligible purchases charged to your Card. Provided your account is in good standing, points can be earned on eligible purchases less returns and other credits. Interest charges, fees, and cash equivalent transactions are not purchases and do not qualify for Membership Rewards points. Points are not eligible for transfer to programs that offer airline and frequent flyer redemptions.
- Purchase must be charged in full to an American Express Card. Subject to availability and to event and ticketing terms, restrictions, verification procedures and fees. Tickets and packages may not be transferable and should not be resold. No refunds and no exchanges subject to merchant's obligations under applicable law.
- Use Points for Purchases – You can redeem Membership Rewards points for a statement credit towards an Eligible Purchase charged to an Eligible Card. You must redeem a minimum of 1,000 Points per redemption. Redemption rates may vary by Eligible Card. Statement credits on your Card Account should not exceed the aggregate amount of the Eligible Purchase(s) on your Eligible Card. You can register for online services to view your Eligible Purchases and to redeem online. Only Eligible Purchases posted to your Card Account during the last 3 months, up to 150 most recent Eligible Purchases will be displayed for redemption. If you wish to redeem points towards an Eligible Purchase within the last 12 months that is not displayed online, please contact us at the number listed on the back of your Card. Eligible Travel Purchases: 1,000 points=10 statement credit. All other eligible purchases: 1,000 points=$7 statement credit.
For Full Membership Rewards Program Terms and Conditions, visit membershiprewards.ca or call 1-800-668-AMEX (2639). Small Business Cardmembers, please call 1-888-721-1046.
- Flexible Points Travel Program - Membership Rewards points are accepted as payment for a wide range of travel options through American Express Travel Services. Membership Rewards points can be used to pay for new travel purchases, including taxes and surcharges. Membership Rewards points are not refundable. Membership Rewards points have no cash value. Travel selections are based on available space and are subject to terms and conditions of travel suppliers. For car rental companies and hotels that do not accept prepaid bookings, contact American Express Travel Services at 1-800-611-1100 or (416) 868-4992 for details about how you can use your Membership Rewards points. In order to redeem points for any travel booking, the Membership Rewards Program account must be active and the Card must be in good standing.
If the American Express Installment Program applies to you and you also redeem points for one or more transactions, the Installment Program will take precedence and the credit will apply to your account in the regular course. This could result in you having a credit balance on your account. If you want to reduce the credit balance, you can cancel any active installment plans you may have. See the Installment Program terms and conditions in your Cardmember Agreement for details, if applicable.
Bookings are also subject to American Express Travel Terms and Conditions. To view these please visit americanexpress.ca/termsandconditions.
To use your MR Points to purchase eligible items at Amazon.ca, your eligible Membership Rewards program account ('MR Points Account') must be linked to your Amazon.ca account through the enrollment process. We reserve the right to restrict your use of Shop with Points or to un-enroll your MR Points Account by de-linking it from your Amazon.ca account at any time in our sole discretion, including when we suspect misuse or fraud.
You agree that Amazon.com.ca, Inc. and its affiliates (collectively, 'Amazon') may share information that you have provided to Amazon with Amex Bank of Canada and its affiliates (collectively, 'Amex'). Amex may share information with Amazon regarding your Membership Rewards points account for the sole purpose of managing and facilitating the Shop with Points program using membership rewards points. This information sharing allows us to link your Amazon.ca account to your MR Points Account and, once enrolled, Amex may provide Amazon with information about your MR Points Account, including your total MR Points balance. We may also share information that you have provided to Amazon with Amex so that Amex can perform its functions with respect to the Shop with Points program, including processing payments made with MR Points. Neither Amazon or Amex will use information provided to it by the other party in support of the Shop with Points program for any purpose other than as expressly set forth in this paragraph.
Certain items at Amazon.ca are not eligible for purchase using MR Points, and these items may change at any time. MR Points may not be used when making purchases with 1-Click. If you do not have enough MR Points to pay for your eligible purchase, you can pay for the remainder with the Amex credit or charge card linked to your MR Points Account, or an Amazon.ca Gift Certificate. Your MR Points balance will typically be reduced to reflect the amount of your purchase at the time of your order, but in some cases it may not reflect your use of MR Points for pending purchase transactions until the purchase has shipped or otherwise been fulfilled. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have enough MR Points in your MR Points Account at the time your MR Points are ultimately redeemed. If you don’t have enough MR points remaining in your MR Points account at the time they are to be redeemed, you will be required to authorize another payment method. Your Amex credit or charge card will not be charged automatically. MR Points may not currently be combined with other rewards programs to make eligible purchases using Shop with Points at Amazon.ca.
Returns are subject to Amazon’s returns policy. If Amazon accepts a return for an item you purchased using only MR Points, those MR Points will be credited to your Points Account. If Amazon accepts a return for an item you purchased using MR Points and another payment method, Amazon may, in its sole discretion, credit the return to the other payment method before crediting MR Points to your MR Points Account. This is different from the order in which payment methods (MR points, Amex credit and charge card and stored value card) are applied at the time of purchase. See ordering section of the FAQ for details. If you no longer have an active MR points account or, if applicable, Amex credit or charge card, Amazon may process your return by providing you with an Amazon gift card. If you have questions regarding your Points or your Points Account, please contact American Express on the number listed on the back of your Card.
- Access to the American Express® Entrance is available to individuals upon the presentation of a valid American Express Card.
- Subject to Lounge capacity.
- Priority Line and Priority Bars – American Express Cardmembers may access the Priority Line and/or Bar during an event operating day and may pay with a valid, unexpired American Express® Card. The Priority Line and/or Bar is serviced by Ed Mirvish Enterprises Limited Staff and located at select bar areas within the Ed Mirvish, Princess of Wales and Royal Alexandra Theatres. Cardmembers and guests placing an order are required to comply with the theatre’s drink order limits. All theatre rules apply. Priority Line and/or Bar access is subject to change or cancellation at any time. You must be of local legal drinking age and must carry a valid government-issued identification to consume alcoholic beverages. Please drink responsibly.
- Use the American Express Card online or off, and you won’t be held responsible for any fraudulent charges, as long as you’ve taken reasonable care to protect your account details, PIN and any device on which you have added your account information. Notify us at once if your Card or eligible device is lost or stolen, or you suspect it is being used without your permission.
®, TM: Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express.