Desjardins Student Cashback Visa review
Card features you'll like the most Card image personalization Show your colours by using the photo of your choice.
Cash back Earn on your everyday purchases.
Free access to your credit report Get free access to your online credit report and credit score from TransUnion (for cardholders between 18 and 25 years old).
Travel Insurance For the first 3 days of your trips.
- Priority airport services No
- Airport lounge access No
- Concierge service No
- Balance protection(Optional) No
- Purchase Security & Extended Protection Insurance NO
- Flight delay insurance,Baggage Insurance No
- Vehicule rental insurance No
- Travel accident insurance No
- Travel medical insurance Yes
- Annual Fee: $0
- Additional Card Fee: $0
- Purchases Interest Rate: 19.99%
- Cash Advance Interest Rate: 22.99%
- You're a Canadian resident
- You've reached the age of majority in your province or territory
No transaction fees Visa payWave contactless technology Verified by Visa
Get a discount on short-term car rentals at participating Hertz locations worldwide. Canada and the U.S. (at participating locations) 10% off Hertz weekend, weekly or monthly rental rates on all car classes 5% off Hertz daily rental rates on all car classes Outside Canada and the U.S. (at participating locations) 10% off Hertz "Affordable Europe" rates.
Despite the regular interest rate of 19.99%, this card is simply exceptional for students thanks to the numerous perks. As a student, you'll pay nothing for the Desjardins Student Cashback Visa, but you'll get up to 1% back for all your purchases. You also get insurance for your mobile devices, accord D financing and purchase protection.
You can receive up to $2,500 in cash anytime, anywhere in the world. This is an enormous benefit, especially for students who need to enjoy cash instantly. In terms of perks, this card offers you quick & easy integration with mobile wallets, travel assistance service, 3-day coverage for short trips, car rental discounts and even card personalization.
You can literally select a photo you love and have it displayed on the front of your card. This is a great benefit, especially for Gen Z students who love personalization and want to stay in control of their things.
Even if this card is not offering spectacular features, let's keep in mind that it costs nothing and offers good cash advances, quickly. The Desjardins Student Cashback Visa is definitely a card to hold in your wallet if you're a student in 2020.
- A student credit card is a good way to build your credit history and learn good credit habits.
- A credit card can build your credit rating as a student which will help you qualify for other lending product after graduation.
- You can financially prepare for university and beyond with a credit card specifically designed to meet your student needs.
- Use your credit card responsibility and always charge what you can afford to pay.
- Search, compare and choose a credit card that suits your budget, lifestyle and financial needs.