Welcome bonus offer
As a new American Express® Green Cardmember, you can earn a Welcome Bonus of 10,000 Membership Rewards® points when you charge $1,000 in purchases to your Card in the first 3 months of Cardmembership.1
Make your everyday purchases more rewarding
Earn with every dollar you spend on eligible purchases3. Make every swipe or tap count, all for no annual fee.
- Earn 1X the points on Card purchases3
- Earn 1 additional Membership Rewards® point for every $1 you charge to your American Express® Green Card on eligible hotel or car rental bookings made with American Express Travel at americanexpress.ca/travel4
- Your coverage can automatically extend the manufacturer’s original warranty up to one additional year when you fully charge eligible items to your American Express® Green Card10†
- From groceries, streaming subscriptions, food & drinks to travel – you can redeem your points towards eligible Card purchases11
- New travel purchases booked on American Express Travel Online through the Flexible Points Travel Program9
- Gift cards6 and merchandise7 through membershiprewards.ca
- Eligible purchases at Amazon.ca8
- Transfer your points to many of your favourite frequent flyer or loyalty programs5, such as Aeroplan®*12, Avios13 and Marriott BonvoyTM*14
American Express is not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details and current product information click the Apply now link. Conditions apply
- Priority airport services No
- Airport lounge access No
- Concierge service No
- Balance protection(Optional) No
- Purchase Security & Extended Protection Insurance NO
- Flight delay insurance,Baggage Insurance No
- Vehicule rental insurance No
- Travel accident insurance No
- Travel medical insurance No
- Annual Fee: $0
- Additional Card Fee: $0
- Purchases Interest Rate: 20.99%
- Cash Advance Interest Rate: 21.99%
- You're a Canadian resident
- You've reached the age of majority in your province or territory
Front Of The Line® Reserved tickets
Get access to Front Of The Line Reserved tickets from a block of great seats reserved exclusively for Cardmembers during the public on-sale period for many major events with American Express Experiences.15
Entertainment with American Express® Experiences
Retail with American Express® Experiences
Wellness with American Express® Experiences
Onsite benefits with American Express® Experiences
American Express Green® Card
The American Express Green® Card is a points card that comes with a variety of benefits. Members receive points on every purchase and can redeem them for bill credits, gift cards, travel purchases, and eligible purchases on Amazon.ca. The card also includes special access to concerts, dining, and other experiences. As with all American Express cards, the Green® Card comes with 24/7 access to customer care, fraud protection, and emergency card replacements when needed.
Features and Benefits of the American Express Green® Card
- Welcome bonus: Earn 10,000 Bonus Membership Rewards® points when you charge $1,000 in purchases to your Card in your first three months of Cardmembership
- Cardholders earn one Membership Reward point for every $1 spent with the card
- Points can be redeemed toward eligible card purchases, such as groceries, dining out, and streaming services
- Front of the Line ticket access for concerts, dining, film, and other experiences with American Express Invites
Pros and Cons of the American Express Green® Card
The American Express Green® Card is a simple, day-to-day credit card that's ideal for consumers who are after a card without annual fees. Its Membership Rewards program is a great benefit that shows appreciation for cardholders by providing access to the rewards they want most in return for using their card. While the 10,000 point bonus is a major selling point for this card, it's important for new cardholders to keep in mind that they need to spend $1,000 in the first three months to qualify for this benefit.
- This offer is only available to new American Express® Green or Choice Card from American ExpressTM Cardmembers. For current or former Choice Card from American ExpressTM or American Express® Green Card Cardmembers, we may approve your application, but you will not be eligible for the Welcome Bonus. Offer valid for applications received through the link provided on this webpage if offered. To qualify for the Welcome Bonus, you must have at least $1,000 in net purchases posted to your account in your first 3 months of Card membership. Account must be in good standing. Please allow up to eight weeks for the Welcome Bonus to be awarded.
- Account must be in good standing. An additional card is a supplementary card. No annual fee for supplementary cards. Supplementary Cardmembers must be at least 13 years old. Maximum of 9 supplementary cards per account.
- You can earn Membership Rewards points for eligible consumer purchases at American Express retail merchants as follows: 1 point for every $1 in eligible purchases charged to your Card. Provided your account is in good standing, points can be earned on eligible purchases less returns and other credits. Interest charges, fees, and cash equivalent transactions are not purchases and do not qualify for Membership Rewards points.
- Basic Cardmembers can earn one additional bonus Membership Rewards point for every dollar charged to your American Express Green® Card for eligible hotel and car rental bookings (less credits and adjustments) made through the American Express Travel website where American Express Travel (not the hotel or car rental company) is the merchant. Hotel bookings under The Hotel Collection program are not eligible for this bonus Membership Rewards points offer. The number of bonus Membership Rewards points is calculated by multiplying each eligible transaction by one subject to rounding. Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards Program apply. In order to redeem points for any travel booking, the Membership Rewards Program account must be active and the Card must be in good standing.
- Points transfer ratios vary by participant and transfers can take up to 5 days. Other terms apply. Visit membershiprewards.ca for details.
- Membership Rewards points can be redeemed for Gift Cards or certificates and other merchandise. The Gift Card or Certificate is subject to the Terms and Conditions indicated on the reward. For Membership Rewards Program Terms and Conditions, visit membershiprewards.ca or call 1-800-668-2639. Corporate Cardmembers, please call 1-800-716-6661.
Delivery Information: Orders will be processed within 2 business days. If the value of the Gift Card, Prepaid Card or Certificate is less than $200, it will be delivered by Canada Post which could take up to one week for delivery. If the reward value is greater than $200 but less than $500, it will be delivered by Priority Post within 3-5 business days. If the reward value is $500 or more, it will be delivered by Priority Post within 3-5 business days and will require a signature upon delivery. If you are not available at home at the time of delivery, directions to the nearest postal location will be left at your door. Rewards that are not in stock may take additional time to deliver.
- MERCHANDISE AVAILABILITY - All merchandise rewards are subject to availability. If an order is not available, a similar item of equal value or greater will be substituted whenever possible. If a substitution is not available, your Membership Rewards points will be credited back to your program account and you will be contacted. Merchandise rewards are subject to change without notice. New merchandise rewards will be added to the program on a regular basis. Some rewards are available in limited quantities. Limited items will be noted in the product description.
MERCHANDISE DELIVERY - Please allow 2-4 weeks for delivery. Cardmembers are required to provide a signature when rewards are delivered. Some items may have longer delivery times — this will be indicated. Orders are shipped via courier and require complete mailing address and telephone number for daytime delivery. (Orders cannot be shipped to a post office box.)
MERCHANDISE RETURNS - Redeemed rewards are not refundable, exchangeable, replaceable or transferable for cash or credit.
To use your MR Points to purchase eligible items at Amazon.ca, your eligible Membership Rewards program account ('MR Points Account') must be linked to your Amazon.ca account through the enrollment process. We reserve the right to restrict your use of Shop with Points or to un-enroll your MR Points Account by de-linking it from your Amazon.ca account at any time in our sole discretion, including when we suspect misuse or fraud.
You agree that Amazon.com.ca, Inc. and its affiliates (collectively, 'Amazon') may share information that you have provided to Amazon with Amex Bank of Canada and its affiliates (collectively, 'Amex'). Amex may share information with Amazon regarding your Membership Rewards points account for the sole purpose of managing and facilitating the Shop with Points program using membership rewards points. This information sharing allows us to link your Amazon.ca account to your MR Points Account and, once enrolled, Amex may provide Amazon with information about your MR Points Account, including your total MR Points balance. We may also share information that you have provided to Amazon with Amex so that Amex can perform its functions with respect to the Shop with Points program, including processing payments made with MR Points. Neither Amazon or Amex will use information provided to it by the other party in support of the Shop with Points program for any purpose other than as expressly set forth in this paragraph.
Certain items at Amazon.ca are not eligible for purchase using MR Points, and these items may change at any time. MR Points may not be used when making purchases with 1-Click. If you do not have enough MR Points to pay for your eligible purchase, you can pay for the remainder with the Amex credit or charge card linked to your MR Points Account, or an Amazon.ca Gift Certificate. Your MR Points balance will typically be reduced to reflect the amount of your purchase at the time of your order, but in some cases it may not reflect your use of MR Points for pending purchase transactions until the purchase has shipped or otherwise been fulfilled. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have enough MR Points in your MR Points Account at the time your MR Points are ultimately redeemed. If you don’t have enough MR points remaining in your MR Points account at the time they are to be redeemed, you will be required to authorize another payment method. Your Amex credit or charge card will not be charged automatically. MR Points may not currently be combined with other rewards programs to make eligible purchases using Shop with Points at Amazon.ca.
Returns are subject to Amazon’s returns policy. If Amazon accepts a return for an item you purchased using only MR Points, those MR Points will be credited to your Points Account. If Amazon accepts a return for an item you purchased using MR Points and another payment method, Amazon may, in its sole discretion, credit the return to the other payment method before crediting MR Points to your MR Points Account. This is different from the order in which payment methods (MR points, Amex credit and charge card and stored value card) are applied at the time of purchase. See ordering section of the FAQ for details. If you no longer have an active MR points account or, if applicable, Amex credit or charge card, Amazon may process your return by providing you with an Amazon gift card. If you have questions regarding your Points or your Points Account, please contact American Express on the number listed on the back of your Card.
- Membership Rewards points are accepted as payment for a wide range of travel options through American Express Travel Services. Membership Rewards points can be used to pay for new travel purchases, including taxes and surcharges. Membership Rewards points are not refundable. Membership Rewards points have no cash value. Travel selections are based on available space and are subject to terms and conditions of travel suppliers. For car rental companies and hotels that do not accept prepaid bookings, contact American Express Travel Services at 1-855-804-9600 for details about how you can use your Membership Rewards points. In order to redeem points for any travel booking, the Membership Rewards Program account must be active and the Card must be in good standing. When you redeem points for an eligible travel booking, the full cost of the flight, including taxes, fees and carrier surcharges will be charged to your card. Within 10 business days from the date of booking, you will receive a statement credit for the amount you redeemed. If your statement monthly cycle cut date falls between the date the transaction is recorded on your statement and the date the statement credit is processed, you will be responsible for paying your monthly statement in full. The statement credit will be applied against your next statement. If the American Express Installment Program applies to you and you also redeem points for one or more transactions, the Installment Program will take precedence and the credit will apply to your account in the regular course. This could result in you having a credit balance on your account. If you want to reduce the credit balance, you can cancel any active installment plans you may have. See the Installment Program terms and conditions in your Cardmember Agreement for details, if applicable. Bookings are also subject to American Express Travel Terms and Conditions. To view these please visit americanexpress.ca/termsandconditions.
- Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. Applies to eligible items fully charged to your Card worldwide, provided the manufacturer’s warranty is valid in Canada and the U.S. and does not exceed five years. You may contact the insurer at 1-888-877-1710 in Canada and the U.S. or visit www.rsagroup.ca.
- Use Points for Purchases – You can redeem Membership Rewards points for a statement credit towards an Eligible Purchase charged to an Eligible Card. You must redeem a minimum of 1,000 points per redemption. Statement credits on your Card Account should not exceed the aggregate amount of the Eligible Purchase(s) on your Eligible Card. You can register for Online Services to view your Eligible Purchases and to redeem online. Only Eligible Purchases posted to your Card Account during the last 3 months, up to 150 most recent Eligible Purchases, will be displayed for redemption. If you wish to redeem points towards an Eligible Purchase within the last 12 months that is not displayed online, please contact us at the number listed on the back of your Card. All Eligible Purchases: 1,000 points = $10 statement credit.
For full Membership Rewards Program Terms and Conditions, visit membershiprewards.ca or call 1-800-668-AMEX (2639). Small Business Cardmembers, please call 1-888-721-1046.
- Membership Rewards point transfers must be made in increments of 100 points, with a minimum redemption of 1,000 points for each transfer. 1,000 Membership Rewards points = 1,000 Aeroplan points. Other terms, conditions and restrictions apply. Visit membershiprewards.ca for full Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions.
- Membership Rewards points transfers must be made in increments of 100 points, with a minimum redemption requirement of 1,000 points for each transfer. 1,000 Membership Rewards points = 1,000 Avios. Visit membershiprewards.ca for full Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions.
- Membership Rewards points transfers must be made in increments of 100 points, with a minimum redemption requirement of 1,000 points for each transfer. 1,000 Membership Rewards points = 1,200 Marriott Bonvoy points. Visit membershiprewards.ca for full Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions.
- Purchase must be charged in full to an American Express Card. Subject to availability and to event and ticketing terms, restrictions, verification procedures and fees. Tickets and packages may not be transferable and should not be resold. No refunds and no exchanges subject to merchant's obligations under applicable law.
- Access to the American Express® Entrance is available to individuals upon the presentation of a valid American Express Card.
- Subject to Lounge capacity.
- Priority Line and Priority Bars – American Express Cardmembers may access the Priority Line and/or Bar during an event operating day and may pay with a valid, unexpired American Express® Card. The Priority Line and/or Bar is serviced by Ed Mirvish Enterprises Limited Staff and located at select bar areas within the Ed Mirvish, Princess of Wales and Royal Alexandra Theatres. Cardmembers and guests placing an order are required to comply with the theatre’s drink order limits. All theatre rules apply. Priority Line and/or Bar access is subject to change or cancellation at any time. You must be of local legal drinking age and must carry a valid government-issued identification to consume alcoholic beverages. Please drink responsibly.
- Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. You may contact the insurer at 1-888-877-1710 in Canada and the U.S. or visit www.rsagroup.ca.
- Use the American Express Card online or off, and you won’t be held responsible for any fraudulent charges, as long as you’ve taken reasonable care to protect your account details, PIN and any device on which you have added your account information. Notify us at once if your Card or eligible device is lost or stolen, or you suspect it is being used without your permission. For more information on the Fraud Protection Guarantee, refer to Fraud FAQs.
- See details and Terms & Conditions on Amex.ca/App.
- Eligible cards will vary by offer and are subject to change. Offers are subject to terms and conditions and full program terms.
- Eligible on iPhone 5s and above with iOS 8 or higher.
- Eligible on iPhone X and above with iOS 11 or higher.
- Restrictions and limitations apply.
- Eligible cards will vary by offer and are subject to change. Select Canadian American Express Cards issued by Amex Bank of Canada and cards issued by a licensed third party issuer (as applicable) are eligible cards for the offer. The following cards are not eligible: American Express Corporate Cards, American Express® Gift Cards and Prepaid Cards. Subject to offer terms and conditions, and full program terms.
- Various offers on prepaid hotel and car rental bookings will be available to American Express Cardmembers on American Express Travel Online from time to time. These offers will be communicated by email and other select channels. Conditions apply and vary by offer.
- †: All insurance coverage is subject to the terms and conditions of their respective master policies. Certain limitations, exclusions and restrictions apply. Please read your
- carefully. If you are a Quebec resident, please read your
- : Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express.