HSBC Mastercard Review 2023
Extended warrantyReceive double the manufacturer's warranty (up to 1 full year) for items purchased on your HSBC Mastercard.
- This card does not offer any rewards.
Secure account transactionsChip & PIN technology helps reduce the possibility of your HSBC Mastercard being used by someone else.
Save time with tap & goThe contactless feature makes your shopping even easier.
The information related to HSBC Mastercard has been collected by My Rate Compass and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer or provider of this product or service.
- Priority airport services No
- Airport lounge access No
- Concierge service No
- Balance protection(Optional) No
- Purchase Security & Extended Protection Insurance NO
- Flight delay insurance,Baggage Insurance No
- Vehicle rental insurance No
- Travel accident insurance No
- Travel medical insurance No
- Annual Fee: $0
- Additional Card Fee: $0
- Purchases Interest Rate: 19.9%
- Cash Advance Interest Rate: 22.9%
- You're a Canadian resident
- You've reached the age of majority in your province or territory
- Extended warranty
This is the standard HSBC Mastercard card, which is an ideal choice for everyone who needs a regular credit card that comes with all the standard perks. The HSBC Mastercard® comes at an annual fee of $0, with an interest rate on purchases of 19.9%, and an interest rate on balance transfers and cash advances of 22.9%.
With this card, you can also double your warranty period for any item you purchase, up to one full year. Optionally, you can get travel and medical insurance for an extra $69 a year. If you travel a lot, getting insurance is definitely a smart thing to do.
Lastly, the HSBC Mastercard® offers you secure card transactions thanks to the Pin & Chip technology, plus it features the tap & go technology to allow you to pay with ease, contactless. Unfortunately, this card does not offer you any rewards or travel points whatsoever, plus it doesn't allow you to get travel insurance, medical insurance or car rental insurance.
There are other cards from HSBC, such as the HSBC World Elite Mastercard®, that offer you cash back, bonus points, and a wide range of insurance options.