If you're paying too much interest, breathe easier with the Syncro Mastercard low interests credit card
The Syncro card's rate offers you a competitive interest rate at all times
Protect your purchases with an insurance program you can count on
Protect yourself against unauthorized purchases thanks to the Mastercard Zero Liability program.
- Priority airport services No
- Airport lounge access No
- Concierge service No
- Balance protection(Optional) No
- Purchase Security & Extended Protection Insurance Yes
- Flight delay insurance,Baggage Insurance No
- Vehicle rental insurance No
- Travel accident insurance No
- Travel medical insurance No
- Annual Fee: $35
- Additional Card Fee: $0
- Purchases Interest Rate: 10.7%
- Cash Advance Interest Rate: 14.7%
- You're a Canadian resident
- You've reached the age of majority in your province or territory
Low interest rate purchases: 10,70% (Prime rate + 4%)
Balance transfers and cash advances: 14.70% (prime rate + 8%)
Protect your new purchases from loss, theft or damage for up to 90 days after the date of purchase.
Get up to double the manufacturer's warranty for most items purchased using your credit card.
Secure online purchases
Mastercard® ID CheckTM is a service that protects you against fraud by verifying your identity when making online purchases.
Benefit from Mastercard's Zero Liability policy—you won't be liable for unauthorized transactions completed with your card.
Enjoy unique experiences with Priceless Cities®. Get room upgrades, exclusive menus and many other surprises.
National Bank Syncro Mastercard Review
The Syncro Mastercard’s main advantage is reduced interest rates. Cardholders can take advantage of significantly lower costs of financing. There is an annual fee of $35 to use this credit card. Learn more below.
Key Features and Benefits
- Annual fee of $35 and variable interest rates
- Purchase protection, fraud protection and extended warranty coverage included
- Access to Mastercard Priceless Cities, a special travel experience program
- The interest rate is the prime rate plus 4% for purchases, currently sitting at 10.70% which is much lower than industry standards
- Insurance protection
- National Bank is rated as one of the best banks for customer service support
- No rewards
- Balance transfers and cash advances have a interest rate of 4% plus prime, currently sitting at 14.70% but still competitive compare to other credit cards.
The main benefit of the Syncro Mastercard is the reduced interest rates on purchases, cash advances and balance transfers which can help you save significantly compared to standard credit cards at 19.99% or 20.99% for purchase interest rate. The card is an excellent option for people who carry a balance each month on their credit cards. There aren’t any other perks that come with this credit card. If you’d prefer access to some kind of rewards program, consider another credit card.
Legal notes :
® SYNCRO is a registered trademark of National Bank.
®Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. Authorized user: National Bank
TM National Bank of Canada received the highest CX Index™ score among credit card issuers in Canada in Forrester’s proprietary 2020-2021 CX Index™ survey (valid until September 2021). The ranking was based on responses from 9,004 measuring 12 brands. The proprietary survey results are based on consumers’ opinions of the experiences with the brands in the survey. Forrester Research does not endorse any company included in any CX Index™ report and does not advise any person to select the products or services of any particular company based on the ratings included in such reports.
TM CX Index and Forrester are trademarks of Forrester Research inc.
® SYNCRO is a registered trademark of National Bank.
® Mastercard an Tap & Go are registered trademarks, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. Authorized user: National Bank.
TM ID Check and Identity Check are trademarks of Mastercard International Inc. Authorized user: National Bank.
® Priceless cities is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. Authorized user: National Bank.
1. The prime rate means the annual variable interest rate posted by National Bank, from time to time, and used by the Bank to determine the interest rates on the demand loans it grants in Canadian dollars in Canada.
2. The interest rate for the SYNCRO card consists of a variable prime rate set by National Bank plus a fixed adjustment rate of 4% for purchases and 8% for balance transfers and cash advances. Please note that the annual interest rate for the SYNCRO card will not be less than 8.9% for purchases and 12.9% for balance transfers and cash advances.
3. Grace period: No interest will be charged on purchases made during the month, provided the client pays the balance in full within twenty-one (21) days of the statement date. This grace period does not apply to cash advances or balance transfers. Minimum payment: If your account balance is lower than $10, you must pay the entire balance. If you reside in the province of Quebec, your minimum payment will correspond to 5% of the credit card account balance plus any overdue payment or $10, whichever amount is higher. If you reside outside of Quebec, your minimum payment represents 2.5% of the credit card account balance plus any overdue payment or $10, whichever amount is higher. Account statement: A statement is sent monthly.
Examples of credit charges
Example of credit charges over a 30-day period:
|Taux d’intérêt annuel||Solde moyen|
|500 $||3 000 $|
|22,99 %||9,45 $||56,69 $|
|20,99 %||8,63 $||51,76 $|
|14,5 %||5,96 $||35,75 $|
|8,9 %||3,66 $||21,95 $|
*Variable interest rate in effect on July 1, 2019.
4. Balance transfers and cash advances are subject to credit approval by National Bank. Each balance transfer must be at least $250.
5. This coverage applies to purchases charged to the National Bank Syncro card. Extended warranty coverage applies to most new items purchased with the card, in Canada or abroad, as long as the manufacturer's warranty is valid in Canada. Certain conditions and restrictions apply. For more information and for details of your insurance coverage, please consult the insurance certificate associated with your card.
6. Certain conditions apply. Visit mastercard.ca for more information. Refer to the credit card terms and conditions.
7. Subject to credit approval by National Bank.