National Bank World Elite Mastercard ReviewNational Bank’s most exclusive credit card is the World Elite Mastercard.
Welcome Bonus: Get 20,000 points when you get a World Elite Mastercard® and don’t pay any annual fees for the first year (Offer ends ends May 31, 2022)
- A refund of up to $250 per year on seat selection, airport parking and baggage fee
- Unlimited access to the National Bank VIP Lounge at Montreal-Trudeau for you and a guest
- Travel rewards you can benefit from during your next trip abroad or for your vacation closer to home, for example for a car rental
- Your points can be exchanged towards a wide range of articles and gift-cards, a payment on your credit card balance or a donation to a good cause
- Purchase protection such as purchase insurance, extended warranty on your purchases and fraud protection
- National Bank ranks #1 among credit card issuers for Customer Experience according to the Forrester CX Index
The National Bank World Elite credit card offers you the equivalent of $1,167 in benefits and rewards the first year if you charge the minimum amount in purchases to your card. * The value of each benefit is set out below.
World Elite card + Red circle
Card with $ sign
A value over $350 in rewards points (with $2,500 in purchases each month)
$250 refund on your travel expenses and unlimited access with a guest to the National Bank Lounge (over $200 value)
To be eligible, you must have an annual gross income of $80 000 or an annual household income of $150 000. Otherwise, you must have a minimum value of $400 000 in assets or $25 000 in yearly minimum purchases (existing clients only) on your card.
- Priority airport services No
- Airport lounge access Yes
- Concierge service No
- Balance protection(Optional) No
- Purchase Security & Extended Protection Insurance Yes
- Flight delay insurance,Baggage Insurance Yes
- Vehicule rental insurance Yes
- Travel accident insurance Yes
- Travel medical insurance Yes
- Annual Fee: $150
- Additional Card Fee: $50
- Purchases Interest Rate: 20.99%
- Cash Advance Interest Rate: 22.49%
- You're a Canadian resident
- You've reached the age of majority in your province or territory
More with your points
Make a payment on your card, make a donation or redeem your reward points for a gift card or financial product.
Get up to triple the manufacturer's warranty for most items purchased using your credit card, up to 2 additional years.
Redeem your points to pay for travel expenses, such as plane tickets, car rentals or vacation home rentals.
Access to the VIP Lounge at the airport
Unlimited access to National Bank Lounge
You and a guest can enjoy free access to the National Bank Lounge at Montréal-Trudeau Airport, with drinks, snacks, Wi-Fi and much more!
Get a refund of up to $250 per year on seat selection, airport parking and baggage fees.
Comprehensive travel insurance
Enjoy up to 60 days' coverage with our travel, trip cancellation/interruption, or baggage loss insurance and up to 48 days for car rental insurance.
National Bank’s most exclusive credit card is the World Elite Mastercard. Cardholders can take advantage of exclusive travel perks and earn points under the À la carte Rewards Plan at an accelerated rate. Check out the other benefits below.Key Features and Benefits
- Annual fee of $150 and standard interest rates
- Earn points towards the À la carte Rewards Plan while you spend
- Earn 1.5 points per dollar spent on net purchases up to $40,000, earn 2 points per dollar spent on net purchases between $40,001 and $80,000, and earn 1.5 points per dollar spent over $80,001 in a year
- Eligibility for a travel expense refund
- Unlimited access to National Bank Lounge at the Montreal-Trudeau Airport for you and a guest
- Minimum annual income of $80,000 for an individual or $150,000 for a household, OR have a minimum of $400,000 in assets, OR be an existing client that spends at least $25,000 per year
- Extended warranty and comprehensive travel insurance coverage included
- Access to a special travel agency and a dedicated online store under the À la carte Rewards Plan
- Redeem points for merchandise, gift cards, vacation packages, plane tickets, travel experiences, À la carte Extras, or credit card statement credits
- National Bank is rated as one of the best banks for customer service support
- Tiered points earning system under the À la carte Rewards Plan
- Minimum annual incomes, expenditures, or savings are required to apply for this credit card
- Minimum credit limit of $5,000
The World Elite Mastercard is the most luxury credit card National Bank has to offer. There are tons of exclusive benefits that come with the card, but not everyone spends enough to take advantage of the perks or is willing to pay the annual fee. If you’re more concerned with affordability, consider other National Bank credit cards.
®Mastercard, and World Elite are registered trademarks, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. Authorized user: National Bank