RBC Visa Classic Low Rate Option Review
Low interest rate on purchases and cash advances
Low annual fee
Purchase security and extended warranty insurance
Avoid high interest costs
If you choose to carry a balance on your card, the low 12.99% interest rate – on purchases and cash advances – lets you save on interest.
Save and Earn Faster with RBC Offers
Load personalized offers for great brands before you shop to get cash savings or to earn bonus points faster.
Protection for you and your purchases
Zero liability protection protects you from fraud (provided you took reasonable precautions to protect your card and your PIN). Purchase security and extended warranty insurance protects your eligible purchases.
- Priority airport services No
- Airport lounge access No
- Concierge service No
- Balance protection(Optional) Yes
- Purchase Security & Extended Protection Insurance Yes
- Flight delay insurance,Baggage Insurance No
- Vehicule rental insurance No
- Travel accident insurance No
- Travel medical insurance No
- Annual Fee: $20
- Additional Card Fee: $0
- Purchases Interest Rate: 11.99%
- Cash Advance Interest Rate: 11.99%
- You're a Canadian resident
- You've reached the age of majority in your province or territory
Make the most of your RBC credit card by adding Value Added Services such as:
Balance Protector Insurance
RBC Road Assist
Optional Travel Insurance
The main benefit of this card is the low interest rate. Rather than the typical 19.99% and 22.99%, the RBC Visa Classic Low Rate Option charges 12.99% on purchases and cash advances. If you carry a balance on your card, the $20 annual fee is well worth the money you’ll save in interest. If you don’t carry a balance, you’re better off with a rewards card.