- Make purchases in U.S. Dollars without credit card foreign currency conversion fees
- Eliminate credit card foreign currency conversion rates and fees when making purchases or paying for bills in U.S. Dollars
- Enjoy Chip & PIN security and Visa payWave contactless payment convenience
- Travel and shop with a suite of insurance coverages
- Enjoy all the benefits of your TD U.S. Dollar Visa Card using Apple Pay. It's the easy and secure way to pay.
Our experts have compiled a list of the best cards in Canada in each major category, from cash back and low rate to balance transfers and more. Explore our top picks and find the best credit card for you.
- Priority airport services No
- Airport lounge access No
- Concierge service No
- Balance protection(Optional) No
- Purchase Security & Extended Protection Insurance Yes
- Flight delay insurance,Baggage Insurance Yes
- Vehicle rental insurance Yes
- Travel accident insurance Yes
- Travel medical insurance Yes
- Annual Fee: $39
- Additional Card Fee: $0
- Purchases Interest Rate: 19.99%
- Cash Advance Interest Rate: 22.99%
- You're a Canadian resident
- You've reached the age of majority in your province or territory
Use your TD Credit Card to save a minimum of 10% off the lowest available base rates in Canada and the U.S., and a minimum of 5% off the lowest available base rates internationally, on qualifying car rentals at participating Avis and Budget locations.
Auto Rental Collision/Loss Damage Insurance
Use your TD Credit Card to charge the full cost of a car rental to get the Collision/Loss Damage coverage at no additional cost.
This credit card allows cardholders to easily make purchases in United States currency. This card carries an annual fee of $39 USD for the primary cardholder and $0 for additional cardholders. The annual interest rate is 19.99% on purchases and 22.99% on cash advances.
This card's key feature is that it allows cardholders to make purchases and pay bills in United States currency without incurring foreign transaction fees. It also allows cardholders to avoid the hassle of dealing with fluctuating currency exchange rates. This feature can prove to be quite valuable as well, as exchange rates and fees can significantly reduce the value of money spent internationally.
There is no minimum income requirement to apply for this card. Applicants simply must be Canadian residents who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory.
The bottom line: Credit card users who frequently find themselves making purchases from United States business, paying bills in the United States, or otherwise making personal transactions in United States currency could greatly benefit from this card. This card allows cardholders to avoid paying foreign transaction fees and to avoid the financial and logistical challenges that fluctuating exchange rates pose.