Desjardins Classic Visa review
Card features you'll like the most Low interest rate Get a low interest rate on all your purchases and cash advances.
Travel Insurance For the first 3 days of your trips. Mobile payments Tap and pay with your smartphone.
It's easy, free and secure. Accord D financing Quick and flexible financing for projects that are important to you.
- Priority airport services No
- Airport lounge access No
- Concierge service No
- Balance protection(Optional) Yes
- Purchase Security & Extended Protection Insurance NO
- Flight delay insurance,Baggage Insurance No
- Vehicule rental insurance No
- Travel accident insurance No
- Travel medical insurance Yes
- Annual Fee: $30
- Additional Card Fee: $0
- Purchases Interest Rate: 12.9%
- Cash Advance Interest Rate: 22.99%
- You're a Canadian resident
- You've reached the age of majority in your province or territory
- Low interest rate
- travel insurance
- Other features Better security through chip technology Visa payWave contactless technology 21-day grace period to pay your bill without incurring credit charges No transaction fees Verified by Visa
The Classic Visa card from Desjardins is a low-interest card that is perfect for all Canadians since it comes with no minimum annual income. If you travel a lot and you dig in low annual fees, then you should definitely consider this card.
Desjardins Classic Visa has a very good interest rate of just 12.99%, which is much better than what other similar cards have to offer. It comes with strong chip technology for enhanced security, travel insurance and cash advances of up to $2,500 a day.
In case your card is stolen, you'll not be liable for the issues that result. In terms of travel insurance, you get a $5 million health coverage per person, $1,000 trip cancellation coverage and baggage insurance of $500. The insurance is exceptional, especially when compared to the cards offered by the competition.
The $30 annual fee is very good, especially when you factor in the perks and benefits. You can get an extra card free of charge for your spouse or partner, plus a 21-day grace period so that you can pay your bill without any extra charges. To top it all, you gain free access to 25% when you rent a car from Hertz locations.