My Rate Compass Financial Literacy Scholarship 2021
This scholarship has been created by My Rate Compass to encourage students across Canada to increase their financial literacy skills and to support positive habits in managing their personal finances during university and thereafter.
Building a solid foundation of financial literacy is essential to your success in everything from buying a car, or a house to ensuring you have the funds needed to retire.
Our organization is committed to helping students take control of their money and achieve their financial goals.
Scholarship amount: $500
Scholarship application requirements
Please see below the requirements and criteria to qualify for this scholarship:
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- Must be enrolled full time at an accredited university in Canada or college for the 2021-2022 academic year and should be at least in the second year of their programs. Open to undergraduate and graduate students.
- Must have an overall average Grade Point Average (“GPA”) of 3.0 or more at the time the application is submitted.
- Submit an essay of at 750 words or more.
- Submit an essay that discusses your financial goals and the areas of money management you wish to improve during and after university. Submit an essay of at 750 words or more in English
- Essay must be written in English only.
- Completed application form.
Please note that the Financial Literacy Scholarship is not limited to any field of study.
Scholarship application deadline
- The application deadline is 11:59 PM Friday, September 10, 2021 Eastern Time.
- Winner notification: September 29th, 2021 Eastern Time.
- The selected recipient of the scholarship will be announced on Tuesday October 5th 2021
Scholarship Application Form
My Rate Compass is a financial educational portal and ranking resource helping Canadians to make informed financial decisions.We provide personal finance content on a weekly basis covering the latest topics to help Canadians stay on top of their finances.
Free resources to help you improve your financial literacy
The Canadian Credit Card Guidebook. How to Choose, Use, and Manage Your Credit Card
FREE Credit card online course:
Learn more about credit cards and improve your financial literacy with our FREE online course.Back-to-school shopping on a budget