This financial literacy scholarship has been created by My Rate Compass to encourage students across Canada to increase their financial literacy skills and to support positive habits in managing their personal finances during university and thereafter.
Building a solid foundation of financial literacy is essential to your success in everything from buying a car,or a house to ensuring you have the funds needed to retire.Our organization is committed to helping students take control of their money and achieve their financial goals.
Scholarship amount: $1,000
Scholarship application requirements
Please see below the requirements and criteria to qualify for this scholarship:
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- Must be enrolled full time at an accredited university in Canada or college for the 2020-2021 academic year and should be at least in the second year of their programs.Open to undergraduate and graduate students.
- Must have an overall average Grade Point Average (“GPA”) of 3.0 or more at the time the application is submitted.
- Submit an essay of at 750 words or more (Submit an essay that discusses your financial goals and the areas of money management you wish to improve. Submit an essay of at 750 words or more in English)
- Essay must be written in English only.
- Completed application form.
Scholarship application deadline
- The application deadline is 11:59 PM Thursday, October 1, 2020 Eastern Time.
- Winner notification: November 2nd, 2020 Eastern Time.
- The selected recipient of the scholarship will be announced on Monday Nov 2nd 2020