Scotiabank Gold American Express® Card review
• Earn up to 50,000 bonus Scotia Rewards points in your first year (that’s up to $500 towards travel)1 Plus, no annual fee in the first year, including on supplementary cards.
• Complimentary Concierge Services 24/7
• Amex exclusive benefits (Front Of The Line)
• Rates, fees, offers and other information are effective as of Mar 1, 2021. Subject to change.
eat in & eat out
Earn 5x Scotia Rewards points for every $1 CDN spent on eligible grocery stores, restaurants, fast food, and drinking establishments. Includes popular food delivery and food subscriptions.
watch & cheer
Earn 5x Scotia Rewards points for every $1 CDN spent on eligible entertainment purchases. Includes movies, theatre, and ticket agencies.
ride & drive
Earn 3x Scotia Rewards points for every $1 CDN spent on eligible gas and daily transit.Includes rideshare, buses, taxis, subway, and more.
listen & stream
Earn 3x Scotia Rewards points for every $1 CDN spent on eligible select streaming services.
Earn 1xScotia Rewards point for every $1 spent on every other purchase.
- Priority airport services No
- Airport lounge access No
- Concierge service No
- Balance protection(Optional) No
- Purchase Security & Extended Protection Insurance Yes
- Flight delay insurance,Baggage Insurance Yes
- Vehicule rental insurance Yes
- Travel accident insurance Yes
- Travel medical insurance Yes
- Annual Fee: $129
- Additional Card Fee: $29
- Purchases Interest Rate: 19.99%
- Cash Advance Interest Rate: 22.99%
- You're a Canadian resident
- You've reached the age of majority in your province or territory
Complimentary concierge service
Whether you need help booking your restaurant reservations or scoring tickets for a show, our concierge service is happy to assist you 24/7.
Airport lounge access
Be confident that you'll have a place to relax or catch up on business. Enjoy VIP lounge access with Priority Pass and access to over 600 VIP lounges around the world.
Peace of mind for every trip
Travel with confidence on every trip with many types of travel coverage
No foreign transaction fees
You will not pay 2.5% foreign transaction fees on any foreign currency purchases, including online shopping and when travelling abroad. Only the exchange rate applies.
With a generous rewards rate of 5 points per dollar on gas, groceries, restaurants and entertainment, the Scotiabank Gold American Express Card will help make your travel plans a reality. Plus, with a flexible points program, you can book you flights on your own schedule.Excellent credit card with 7 types of travel coverage and great reward earn rates.
- Generous sign-up bonus -The Scotiabank Gold American Express offers a way for new cardholders to quickly stockpile points. It lets you earn 50,000 bonus points in your first year.
- Flexible redemption options - With the Scotia Rewards Program, you can book your travel with any airline or hotel through its full-service travel agency. You can use your points to cover the whole cost of the trip, including taxes and fees, or combine your points and a charge to your card. Points can also be used to book hotels and rental cars.
- Travel convenience - Added features such as rental car discounts and hotel room upgrades are designed to make travel as convenient and comfortable as possible.
- Additional protection - This Amex credit card provides has one of the most comprehensive travel protection benefits with insurance against flight delays and lost baggage even insurance against burglaries.
50,000 Bonus Scotia Rewards Point Offer Description and Conditions: To be eligible for 30,000 bonus Scotia Rewards points (the “30,000 Point Bonus”), you must open a new Account by November 21, 2021 and have at least $1,000 in eligible purchases posted to your new Account in the first 3 months. To be eligible for an additional 20,000 bonus Scotia Rewards points (the “20,000 Point Bonus”), you must have at least $7,500 in eligible purchases posted to your new Account in your first year (12 months) from the Account open date. Eligible purchases include purchases (less any refunds, returns or other similar credits) but do not include payments, cash advances (including balance transfers, Scotia® Credit Card Cheques or cash-like transactions), interest, fees or other charges.
The 30,000 Point Bonus will be credited to the primary cardholder’s Scotia Rewards account within approximately 2-3 business days after the qualifying $1,000 in eligible purchases being posted to your Account within the first 3 months from the Account open date, provided the Account is open and in good standing. The 20,000 Point Bonus will be credited to the primary cardholder’s Scotia Rewards account within approximately 2-3 business days after you have met the $7,500 annual spend threshold on the Account, provided your Account is open and in good standing. The Account is considered in good standing if it is not past due or over limit and the Cardholder(s) is not in breach of the Revolving Credit Agreement that applies to the Account.
first Year Annual Fee Waiver Offer Description and Conditions: We will waive the initial annual fee for the primary card and each additional supplementary card on the Account for the first year only.
Introductory 0.00% Balance Transfer Rate Offer Conditions: The introductory 0.00% interest rate on balance transfers applies only to cash advances (including balance transfers, Scotia® Credit Card Cheques and cash-like transactions) (collectively “Cash Advances”) subject to the conditions below. This introductory rate applies when the new Account is opened by November 21, 2021 and will continue for 6 months from date of Account opening (the “Promotional Period”). This Offer is subject to any available limit for Cash Advances (the “Cash Advance Available Limit”) on your Account. This Offer cannot be used to transfer a balance from another Scotiabank Account, or to make a payment or deposit to another Scotiabank Account. After the Promotional Period, the 0.00% interest rate on any promotional Cash Advances (including any that remain unpaid after the Promotional Period ends) will increase to the preferred interest rate on Cash Advances (currently 22.99%). A Balance Transfer fee of 1% of the amount of each Balance Transfer transferred during the Promotional Period applies. If you don’t pay the minimum payment on your Account by the payment due date on your statement, two times in any consecutive 12-month period, you will lose the benefit of this promotional rate Offer and the interest rates that apply on any unpaid balance will increase to the standard annual interest rates that apply to your Account (currently 24.99% on purchases and 27.99% on Cash Advances).
In general, if you make a payment that exceeds the minimum payment on your statement, we will apply your payment on a proportionate basis among each group of billed charges on your Account. We group charges based on the interest rate that applies to the group of charges. Your payment cannot be applied to the balance(s) of your choice. See your credit card agreement for more information about how we apply payments to your Account.
Eligibility and Exclusions: Individuals who are currently or were previously primary or secondary cardholders of a Scotiabank retail credit card in the past 2 years, including those that switch from an existing Scotiabank retail credit card, as well as employees of Scotiabank, are not eligible for the Offer. Subject to the above exclusions, Scotiabank small business credit cardholders are eligible for the Offer.
Rates and Fees: The current annual fee is $120 for the primary card and $29 for each additional supplementary card.
The current preferred annual interest rates for the Account are: 19.99% on purchases and 22.99% on cash advances (including balance transfers, Scotia® Credit Card Cheques and cash-like transactions).
All rates, fees, features and benefits are subject to change.