BMO® U.S. Dollar Mastercard®* Review
Shop in U.S. dollars and avoid exchange rate surprises with the BMO U.S. Dollar Mastercard.
Annual fee rebate
When your purchases total U.S. $1,000 or more in a year, next year's annual fee is rebated to your card.
Pay in U.S. dollars
Avoid fluctuating exchange rates. Make your purchases in U.S. dollars and pay your credit card statement in U.S. funds.
Mastercard is accepted at over 30 million locations in the U.S., Canada and worldwide.
- Priority airport services No
- Airport lounge access No
- Concierge service No
- Balance protection(Optional) No
- Purchase Security & Extended Protection Insurance Yes
- Flight delay insurance,Baggage Insurance No
- Vehicle rental insurance No
- Travel accident insurance No
- Travel medical insurance No
- Annual Fee: $35
- Additional Card Fee: $0
- Purchases Interest Rate: 19.99%
- Cash Advance Interest Rate: 22.99%
- You're a Canadian resident
- You've reached the age of majority in your province or territory
- Add another cardholder for free.
- Shop confidently with an extended warranty and purchase protection.
- Get 15% off admission to Cirque du Soleil shows touring Canada, and 20% off resident shows in Las Vegas.
- Zero Liability safeguards you if there is any monetary loss resulting from fraudulent card use.
- Mastercard Identity Check™* adds another layer of security to protect you when you shop online.
- BMO Alerts help confirm your transactions are really yours. They keep an eye on things like large purchases and suspicious activity.
BMO® U.S. Dollar Mastercard®* will help to eliminate need for currency conversion when you pay in USD. U.S. dollar credit cards are good for those who :
- Regularly make purchases in the U.S. (either online or in person
- Who regularly travel to the U.S
- Who live in the U.S for few month each year(Snowbirds)
The BMO® U.S. Dollar Mastercard®* is a totally unique travel card aimed to enable Canadians who frequently travel in the US to enjoy amazing discounts. For just $35 a year, you can use this card to shop in US dollars and avoid any unpleasant exchange rate fees. You can also use this card safely from Canada and pay in US dollars, especially if you make lots of purchases from US-based sites.
With any other card, you're paying around 3% more in exchange fees from $CAD to $US. This fee can top up pretty fast. For example, for purchases worth $5,000, you'll pay an extra fee of over $150. That's where the BMO U.S. Dollar Mastercard comes in, enabling you to completely eliminate the need for paying exchange fees.
This card makes the most sense for Canadians who earn their salaries in US dollars, purchase on a regular basis from US-based sites, or travel a lot down South. As long as you spend over $1,000, the $35 annual fee will be waived, so you can enjoy even higher savings.