RBC Cash Back Mastercard review
- No annual fee
- Unlimited cash back and 2% back on groceries
- Easy and convenient to earn cash back
- 2% cash back credits on grocery store purchases
- Up to 1% cash back credits on all other qualifying purchases and pre-authorized payments
- No limit to what you can get back
- Priority airport services No
- Airport lounge access No
- Concierge service No
- Balance protection(Optional) Yes
- Purchase Security & Extended Protection Insurance Yes
- Flight delay insurance,Baggage Insurance No
- Vehicle rental insurance No
- Travel accident insurance No
- Travel medical insurance No
- Annual Fee: $0
- Additional Card Fee: $0
- Purchases Interest Rate: 19.99%
- Cash Advance Interest Rate: 21.99%
- You're a Canadian resident
- You've reached the age of majority in your province or territory
- Purchase security and extended warranty protection
- Save money with RBC Offers
- Get personalized offers to save money on shopping, dining and more.
- Instant Fuel Savings at Petro-Canada
- Link your card and instantly save 3c/L on fuel and always earn 20% more Petro-Points at Petro-Canada.
The RBC Cash Back Mastercard has a slightly complicated rewards structure.
You earn 2% cash back on your first $6,000 in grocery store purchases every year, and 1% thereafter, unlimited.
On all other purchases, you earn 0.5% on the first $6,000 and 1% thereafter, unlimited.
It also includes purchase security and extended warranty. For no annual fee, it's worth holding this card for your grocery store purchases (the first $6,000, anyway).