TD Aeroplan Visa Platinum Review
Limited Time Offer
Earn up to $500 in value in the first year. Conditions Apply.
Apply by December 5, 2021 to earn up to $500 in value (assuming you add an Additional Cardholder to your account in the first year) as follows:
- Earn a welcome bonus of 10,000 Aeroplan points when you make your first purchase with your new card1 (a value of $200).
- Earn an additional 10,000 Aeroplan points when you spend $1,000 within 90 days of Account opening (a value of $200).
- Get an annual fee rebate for the first year (a value of up to $124 assuming you add an Additional Cardholder to your account in the first year).
To receive the first-year annual fee rebate, you must activate your Card and make your first Purchase on the Account within the first 3 months after Account opening and you must add your Additional Cardholders by December 6, 2021.
for every $1 you spend on eligible grocery, gas and Air Canada® purchases, including Air Canada Vacations®.
for every $1.50 you spend on all other purchases.
Earn points twice when you pay with your Card and provide your Aeroplan number at over 150 Aeroplan partner brands and at 170+ online retailers via the Aeroplan eStore.
as long as you are a TD® Aeroplan® Visa Platinum Primary Cardholder in good standing.
- Priority airport services No
- Airport lounge access No
- Concierge service No
- Balance protection(Optional) Yes
- Purchase Security & Extended Protection Insurance Yes
- Flight delay insurance,Baggage Insurance Yes
- Vehicule rental insurance Yes
- Travel accident insurance Yes
- Travel medical insurance Yes
- Annual Fee: $89
- Additional Card Fee: $35
- Purchases Interest Rate: 19.99%
- Cash Advance Interest Rate: 22.99%
- You're a Canadian resident
- You've reached the age of majority in your province or territory
- Delayed and Lost Baggage Insurance: Up to $1,000 of overall coverage per insured person towards the purchase of essentials, like clothes and toiletries, if your baggage is delayed for over 6 hours or lost.
- Flight/Trip Delay Insurance: Up to $500 in coverage per insured person if your flight/trip is delayed for over 4 hours.
- Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance: Up to $500,000 of coverage for covered losses while travelling on a common carrier (for example, a bus, ferry, plane or train).
- Hotel/Motel Burglary Insurance: Up to $2,500 of coverage per occurrence for eligible personal items stolen from your hotel or motel room that belong to the Cardholder on the Account and eligible family members travelling with the Cardholder.
- Auto Rental Collision/Loss Damage Insurance: Coverage for up to 48 consecutive days.
- Emergency Travel Assistance Services: Help is just a call away. Toll-free access to help in the event of a personal emergency while travelling.
This card offers many of the same benefits as the Aeroplan Visa Infinite for a lower annual fee. This card carries an annual fee of $85 for the primary cardholder and $35 for additional cardholders. The annual interest rate is 19.99% on purchases and 22.99% on cash advances.
Like its premium counterparts, this card allows cardholders to earn Aeroplan miles on each purchase they make with the card. Cardholders earn 1 mile for each $1 spent on grocery, and gas purchases. Cardholders earn 1 mile for every $1.50 spent on all other purchases. This card also offers the same double points bonus for purchases made at participating retail partners when the cardholder also presents his or her Aeroplan membership. Additional benefits include a variety of travel insurance products such as baggage insurance, flight delay insurance, and auto rental insurance, as well as discounts on rental cars rented through Avis Rent A Car and Budget Rent A Car.
This card offers a welcome bonus of 10,000 miles on the first purchase and and 1st Additional Cardholder for the first year and earn a Welcome Bonus of 10,000 Aeroplan points when you make your first Purchase with your Card.
There is no minimum income requirement to apply for this card. Applicants simply must be Canadian residents who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory.
The bottom line: This card is perfect for frequent travelers who don't need the comprehensive suite of travel insurance products included with the Aeroplan Visa Infinite card. This card still allows cardholders to earn valuable miles, which do not expire, toward any Air Canada flight.