WELCOME BONUS OFFER
Earn 50,000 welcome bonus Marriott Bonvoy® points
- Earn 50,000 Welcome Bonus Marriott Bonvoy® points after you charge $1,500 in purchases to your Card in your first three months of Cardmembership.
Earn Marriott Bonvoy points that you can redeem in a variety of ways.
- Earn 5 points for every $1 in Card purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
- Earn 3 points for every $1 spent on eligible gas, dining and travel
- Earn 2 points for every $1 spent on everything else
- Redeem points for free nights with no blackout dates at over 7,000 of some of the world's most extraordinary hotels and resorts around the globe. Use your points for flights on some of the world's leading airlines
Make the most out of a full suite of business management tools that give you more control over your business - anytime and anywhere.
- Leverage your cash flow with the option of carrying a balance or paying in full each month
- Control employee expenses plus track and accumulate points on your account with Supplementary Cards, so you have an opportunity to maximize the points you earn.
Experience the exclusive benefits of the Marriott Bonvoy® Business American Express®* Card.
- Receive an Annual Free Night Award automatically each year after your anniversary
- Receive 15 Elite Night Credits each calendar year with your Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card. These can be used towards attaining the next level of Elite status in the Marriott Bonvoy program
- Upgrade to Gold Elite status after you charge $30,000 in net purchases to your Card each year, or when you combine 10 qualifying paid nights within one calendar year with the 15 Elite Night Credits from your card.
American Express is not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details and current product information click the Apply now link. Conditions apply
- Priority airport services No
- Airport lounge access No
- Concierge service No
- Balance protection(Optional) No
- Purchase Security & Extended Protection Insurance Yes
- Flight delay insurance,Baggage Insurance Yes
- Vehicle rental insurance Yes
- Travel accident insurance Yes
- Travel medical insurance Yes
- Annual Fee: $150
- Additional Card Fee: $50
- Purchases Interest Rate: 20.99%
- Cash Advance Interest Rate: 21.99%
- You're a Canadian resident
- You've reached the age of majority in your province or territory
ANNUAL FREE NIGHT AWARD
UPGRADE YOUR MARRIOTT BONVOY MEMBERSHIP
Receive 15 Elite Night Credits each calendar year with your Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card. These can be used towards attaining the next level of Elite status in the Marriott Bonvoy program.5
As the name implies, the rewards from this credit card come from the Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program. Card holders earn six points per dollar when they spend at Marriott hotels and four points per dollar when they spend at restaurants, gas stations, telephone services and shipping in the United States. All other purchases earn two points per dollar spent. As you can tell, Marriott Bonvoy card holders tend to incur a lot of travel expenses, especially in the US.
Card holders have the opportunity to earn a Welcome Bonus of 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy® points after you charge $1,500 in purchases to your Card in your first three months of Cardmembership.
Other perks of this credit card include a free night at one of Marriott’s hotels every year, another free hotel stay when $60,000 or more is spent on the card in a year and automatic silver elite status with a fast track opportunity to gold status. All of these benefits come with a modest annual fee of $150.
Points can be redeemed on any Marriott hotels. The fact that you can only redeem points with one hotel chain might seem limiting, but it definitely is not! Marriott has a gigantic selection of hotels that you to choose from, no matter what the nature of your trip is, you’ll find something you like. Some hotels cost more points than others, but if you want a more luxurious trip, it’s worth the splurge. During your stay at the hotel, the automatic silver elite status will give you a late checkout option, 10% bonus points based on what you spend and free wi-fi.
Last but not least, this credit card also isn’t a charge card which means you can carry the outstanding balance from month to month without serious repercussions.
Overall, the Marriott Bonvoy Business card is a fantastic choice if you’re looking to earn and redeem points towards hotel costs within your business. The points earning opportunities and other benefits are superb, particularly when you consider the relatively low annual fee of $150.
1. This offer is only available to new Marriott Bonvoy® Business American Express®* Cardmembers (‘Cardmembers’). For current or former Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Cardmembers, we may approve your application, but you will not be eligible for the welcome bonus. Account must be in good standing. To qualify for the 50,000 Bonus points, you must have at least $1,500 in net purchases posted to your account on or before your three (3) month anniversary date. Funds advances, interest, balance transfers, Amex cheques, annual fees (if applicable), other fees, and charges for travelers cheques and foreign currencies are not purchases and do not qualify for eligible purchases. Please allow up to 8 weeks after earning your points for your account to be updated. Offer subject to change at any time.
2. Maximum of 99 Supplementary Cards per account. Supplementary Card applicant must be the age of majority. Supplementary Cards have an annual fee of $50 each.
3. Each year, 8-10 weeks after your annual anniversary date, you will earn an Annual Free Night Award redeemable within 1 year from issuing for an available single or double occupancy standard room at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties with a room rate of up to 35,000 points, inclusive of room rate and applicable taxes but exclusive of resort fee. Account must be in good standing. To view the full terms and conditions, visit www.marriottbonvoy.com/terms.
4. Each year if, before the annual reset date based on your Card anniversary, you reach $30,000 in net purchases charged to your account, or after you stay 10 qualifying paid nights within one calendar year and combine these nights with 15 Elite Night Credits from your Card, you will earn Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status in the Marriott Bonvoy program for a minimum of 1 year (unless you are already enrolled at that or a higher level). Account must be in good standing. On the annual reset date, the amount of annual net purchases resets to zero. Gold and Silver Elite Benefits are subject to the terms and conditions of the Marriott Bonvoy program available at marriottbonvoy.com/terms. If you already have Gold Elite status or higher status in the Marriott Bonvoy program, you will retain that status as long as you meet the requirements specified in the Marriott Bonvoy terms and conditions.
5. To be eligible to receive the 15 Elite Night Credits with this Card, you must be the Basic Cardmember, your Card Account must be in good standing at the time of the 15 Elite Night Credit deposit, and you must have an active Marriott Bonvoy program account. To receive the 15 Elite Night Credit deposit, your Card Account must be linked to a Marriott Bonvoy program account in your name. You will receive a maximum of 15 Elite Night Credits per calendar year even if you have more than one Marriott Bonvoy Consumer or Small Business credit card account or have more than one Marriott Bonvoy program account. American Express is not responsible for fulfillment of this benefit. It will take approximately 8 weeks from Card Account approval date for the credits to be applied to your loyalty account.
6. Account must be in good standing. You will earn five (5) Marriott Bonvoy points from American Express for every $1 of eligible purchases (less credits and returns) charged on your Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card when charged directly with participating Marriott Bonvoy properties, standalone Marriott Bonvoy retail establishments, and Marriott Bonvoy online stores (including online purchases of Marriott Bonvoy gift cards), that in each case, are owned or managed by Marriott International, Inc. and its affiliates. You can earn three (3) points for every $1 in eligible purchases charged on your Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card at American Express retail merchants as follows: (i) at stand-alone automobile gasoline stations in Canada; (ii) restaurants, quick service restaurants, coffee shops and drinking establishments in Canada; and (iii) for travel services or travel bookings including air, water, rail and road transport, but not including local and commuter transportation. Purchases at merchants where travel sales are not their primary business (including general merchandise retailers) do not qualify for the earn rate in this category. Merchants are typically assigned codes and categorized based on what they sell. Earn rate of two (2) points for every $1 applies when the merchant code is not in an eligible category, using a payment account or service of a third party, a card reader attached to a mobile phone or online retailer that sells goods of other merchants or the merchant category is otherwise not identified. Points will be earned on the amount of all eligible purchases, less credits and returns. Funds advances, interest, balance transfers, Amex cheques, annual fees (if applicable), other fees, and charges for travelers cheques and foreign currencies are not purchases and do not qualify for points.
7. 15,000 points bonus is awarded only when 60,000 points are transferred as part of the same transaction and is based on airlines with a 3 points to 1 mile conversion rate. Other terms and restrictions apply. To view the full terms and conditions, visit www.marriottbonvoy.com/terms.
8. Transfer ratios, minimum requirements, and maximums, vary by airline. To view the full terms and conditions, visit www.marriottbonvoy.com/terms.
9. All references to you means the Basic Cardmember.
10. Referral Program Terms: Your account must be in good standing. If this is a personal or family referral, you agree to only make recommendations to known friends and family members with whom you have a relationship and who have confirmed to you that they want to receive this communication. If this is a referral in the context of your business, you agree to only make recommendations to business contacts whom you know and have consented to receive this recommendation from you. You must not send recommendations to people you do not know. Whenever you reach out to a potential referral, you will only use content we provide. Any additional statements you make cannot be inconsistent with our content and must be truthful, accurate and not misleading. You should not publish or distribute your referral link in locations where the audience is likely to include individuals with whom you do not have a business, personal or family relationship or who may not be interested in the offer. You can only receive a maximum referral bonus of 150,000 per calendar year for approved referrals, which includes eligible referral bonus amounts from both (i) special or limited time referral offers and (ii) regular referral offers in that same calendar year. Referral bonus for each approved referral and maximum annual referral bonus limit may change at any time and if you change card products. Should the referral bonus amount change during the calendar year, you may receive a partial bonus depending on the available maximum bonus amount. You are not eligible to receive this referral bonus offer if you have already reached your maximum annual referral bonus limit. The referral bonus will be awarded to you based on each eligible referral for which American Express receives an application that is subsequently approved, subject to all applicable terms and conditions. Your referral bonus will be awarded in the calendar year in which the eligible referral application is approved and not when the referral application is received. Due to the confidential nature of the approval process, you will not be notified when applications are approved or declined and any individual you have referred must agree to allow your account to be bonused upon approval or you will not receive the referral bonus. If our records indicate that any person you have referred has opted not to receive e-mails from us, your referral will not be sent and you will not receive the referral bonus offered as part of this program. Referral program varies by product and may be modified, suspended, cancelled or otherwise terminated without notice. Cannot be combined with any other offer. If the people that you refer have already applied for the product that you are referring without participating in this program, neither you nor they will be eligible for any referral bonus that may be offered as part of this program. Likewise, if the people you refer decide to apply for a Card through this referral program other than the one you have specifically recommended, the referral bonus for which you and they may be eligible will vary. You will only use the delivery methods we provide. By participating in the referral program, you are requesting that emails be sent on your behalf to individuals with whom you have a business, personal or family relationship. If you already have an American Express Card, you are prohibited from referring yourself for any American Express Card. Any violation or abuse of this referral program including, sending emails to individuals with whom you have no business, personal or family relationship, referring yourself, and efforts to bypass, manipulate, obscure or otherwise modify the delivery and accurate presentation of the referral link, sharing tools, content, disclosures, instructions or other materials we provide will be considered a breach of these Terms and make you ineligible for any referral bonus, reverse any referral bonus awarded, and result in your termination from the program and cancellation of your Card account. Your Card account's eligibility to participate in the referral program is based on your creditworthiness and other factors including your account history with American Express. Referral program participants should allow 8 to 10 weeks for the award of the referral bonus once program criteria have been met and must be enrolled in the corresponding loyalty program (if applicable) when the referral bonus is awarded. American Express reserves the right to limit, cancel, or revoke a referral or welcome bonus if it determines, in its sole discretion, you have violated these Terms. Please note there may be other offers available for this Card on americanexpress.ca where spend requirements or welcome bonus amounts may differ. All products and services are subject to applicable Terms and Conditions.
11. Free night awards apply to standard rooms only as defined by each participating property; contact the property before booking to check availability. To view the full terms and conditions, visit www.marriottbonvoy.com/terms.
12. Ticket Price includes Taxes & Fees. Other fees may apply. To view the full terms and conditions, visit www.marriottbonvoy.com/terms.
13. Maximum of 99 Supplementary Cards per account. Supplementary Card applicant must be the age of majority. Supplementary Cards have an annual fee of $50 each.
14. Employee Card Misuse Protection is not insurance. It is a benefit made available to you by Amex Bank of Canada and Administered by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada.You may contact the insurer at 1-888-877-1710 in Canada and the U.S. or visit www.rsagroup.ca. Please read the terms and conditions of the Employee Card Misuse Protection carefully, as they include specific terms, limitations, conditions and exclusions that may affect your coverage.
15. All the services associated with the Travel Emergency Assistance are provided worldwide with the exception of some countries (it is best to check with Customer Service).
16. Travel Accident Insurance provides automatic coverage of up to $500,000 of Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance when you fully charge your common carrier (plane, train, ship or bus) tickets to your Marriott BonvoyTM Business American Express® Card. Use the Card to book tickets for your spouse, dependent children (under 23) or any Supplementary Cardmember and they will also be covered. Spouse and dependent children (under 23) of Supplementary Cardmembers are also covered. Travel Accident Insurance is Underwritten by Chubb Life Insurance Company of Canada,You may contact the insurer at 1-877-777-1544 in Canada or visit www.chubb.com/ca. Head Office in Canada: Toronto, Ontario, under Master Policy TMH600135.
17. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada.You may contact the insurer at 1-888-877-1710 in Canada and the U.S. or visit www.rsagroup.ca. Coverage is in effect as long as you have fully charged your rental to your Marriott BonvoyTM Business American Express® Card. There are specific conditions that apply to who may rent and drive the rental vehicle, the length of rental(s) and the type of vehicle covered.
18. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada.You may contact the insurer at 1-888-877-1710 in Canada and the U.S. or visit www.rsagroup.ca.
19. When you charge the full price on eligible purchases to your Marriott BonvoyTM Business American Express® Card, the coverage given under the manufacturer’s original warranty is automatically doubled for up to one additional year. Buyer's Assurance Protection Plan is underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada.You may contact the insurer at 1-888-877-1710 in Canada and the U.S. or visit www.rsagroup.ca. Certain limitations, exclusions and restrictions apply. Please read the terms & conditions carefully.
20. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada.You may contact the insurer at 1-888-877-1710 in Canada and the U.S. or visit www.rsagroup.ca. Coverage is in excess of any and all other applicable insurance.
21. Purchase must be charged in full to an American Express Card. Subject to availability and to event and ticketing terms, restrictions, verification procedures and fees. Tickets and packages may not be transferable and should not be resold. No refunds and no exchanges subject to merchant's obligations under applicable law.
22. Fraud Protection Guarantee - Use the American Express Card online or off, and you won't be held responsible for any fraudulent charges, as long as you've taken reasonable care to protect your account details and PIN. Notify us at once if your Card is lost or stolen, or you suspect it is being used without your permission.
23. Eligible cards will vary by offer and are subject to change. Select Canadian American Express Cards issued by Amex Bank of Canada and cards issued by a licensed third party issuer (as applicable) are eligible cards for the offer. The following cards are not eligible: American Express Corporate Cards, American Express® Gift Cards and Prepaid Cards. Subject to offer terms and conditions, and full program terms.
®*: Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express.
®: 2022 Marriott International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. All names, marks and logos are the trademarks of Marriott International, Inc., or its affiliates, unless otherwise noted.
* Subject to approval. The preferred rate for purchases is 20.99% and funds advances is 21.99%. If you have Missed Payments, the applicable rates for your account will be 24.99% and/or 26.99%. See the information box included with the application for the definition of Missed Payment and which rates apply to charges on your account and other details. Maximum of 99 Supplementary Cards. Supplementary Card applicant must be the age of majority. Supplementary Cards have an annual fee of $50 each.
†All insurance coverage is subject to the terms and conditions of the respective master policies. Certain limitations, exclusions and restrictions apply. Please read your Certificates of Insurance carefully. If you are a Quebec resident, please read your Insurance Summary and Fact Sheet.
§ The Marriott Bonvoy Program is operated by or on behalf of Marriott International, Inc. and is subject to terms, conditions and restrictions. For details, please see www.marriottbonvoy.com/terms.