MBNA Rewards World Elite® Mastercard® Review
- Get 20,000 bonus points after you make $2,000 or more in eligible purchases within the first 90 days of your account opening and 10,000 bonus points once enrolled for paperless e-statements within the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn points every day: get 2 points for every dollar spent on all eligible purchases
- Flexible rewards: Redeem your points for travel, cash back, and more
- Your MBNA Rewards Points never expire as long as your account is open and in good standing
- Add up to 9 authorized users¤ with no additional annual fee for each added authorized user
- Priority airport services No
- Airport lounge access No
- Concierge service Yes
- Balance protection(Optional) No
- Purchase Security & Extended Protection Insurance Yes
- Flight delay insurance,Baggage Insurance No
- Vehicule rental insurance Yes
- Travel accident insurance No
- Travel medical insurance No
- Annual Fee: $120
- Additional Card Fee: $0
- Purchases Interest Rate: 19.99%
- Cash Advance Interest Rate: 24.99%
- You're a Canadian resident
- You've reached the age of majority in your province or territory
- Shop online with the MBNA Rewards Catalogue
Through the MBNA Rewards Catalogue, you can redeem your points for travel, gift cards and brand-name merchandise.
- Apply points towards your MBNA Rewards credit card balance
Redeem points towards a Statement Credit and apply it directly to your credit card balance. You also have the option to redeem for cash by cheque, a deposit to a chequing or savings account, or towards a donation to a participating charitable organization you select.
- Redemption values
The redemption value for travel is 100 points per $1, while cash and charity donations are 120 points per $1. Merchandise and gift card point values are disclosed in the Rewards Catalogue.
- Away from Home
Features include support for Lost Document and Ticket Replacement, Lost Luggage Assistance, Pre-trip Information and Legal Assistance.
Get more free time for the things you really want to do. Concierge service can book air and land travel, including hotels; make dinner reservations at trendy restaurants; obtain seats to the hottest concerts or shows; and more. Any costs incurred in connection with these services are charged to your MBNA Rewards World Elite credit card.
Save with Avis Rent A Car and Budget Rent A Car
Use your MBNA credit card to save a minimum of 10% off the base rates1, 2 in Canada and the U.S., and a minimum of 5% off the base rates1, 2 internationally, on qualifying car rentals at participating Avis and Budget locations.
If you're quite into reward points and you spend a lot of money on groceries, gas and travelling, then the MBNA Rewards World Elite® Mastercard® is an excellent choice for you. With this card, you can earn 2 points for every dollar you spend. However, the introductory offer is simply exceptional.
During the first 3 months, you can earn up to 30,000 points, which are worth over $30. You can continue earning points and use them when shopping on the MBNA Rewards Catalogue, travelling, or even to improve your balance.
Compared to any other reward cards offered by MBNA, the World Elite is the only one that comes with free concierge service, extended coverage and price protection of up to 60 days.
However, in order to get your hands on this card, you'll have to meet the requirements: earn more than $80k a year solo, or $150k as a household. You also need to be willing to pay $120 a year, which could be quite a lot. Nonetheless, this card is worth its price, especially if you're travelling a lot and you love concierge services.