American Express Business Edge Card
Earn up to 57,000 Membership Rewards® bonus points in your first year of Cardmembership
- Get choice and flexibility by using points for purchases or redeeming them for a wide range of travel, dining, entertainment and retail rewards options
- Make the most of a suite of business management tools that give you more control over your business anytime and anywhere
- Leverage your cash flow with the option of carrying a balance or paying in full each month
MONTHLY BONUS POINTS
Earn 3 times the points for Card purchases on eligible business essentials including;
3X the points on Eats & Drinks
3X the points on Rides & Gas
3X the points on Office Supplies & Electronics
Up to a maximum of 75,000 points, and then earn 1X the points on other purchases
Get choice and flexibility with a wide range of travel, dining, entertainment and retail rewards options.
Use points to book flights within Canada or to anywhere in the world with a fixed number of points.
Redeem points for statement credits to offset any eligible purchase charged to your Card.
Use points to pay for your Amazon.ca purchases at checkout.
Use points for a wide range of gift cards and merchandise.
American Express is not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details and current product information click the Apply now link. Conditions apply
- Priority airport services No
- Airport lounge access No
- Concierge service No
- Balance protection(Optional) No
- Purchase Security & Extended Protection Insurance Yes
- Flight delay insurance,Baggage Insurance No
- Vehicule rental insurance Yes
- Travel accident insurance No
- Travel medical insurance No
- Annual Fee: $99
- Additional Card Fee: $0
- Purchases Interest Rate: 19.99%
- Cash Advance Interest Rate: 21.99%
- You're a Canadian resident
- You've reached the age of majority in your province or territory
As the name of this credit card implies, this card is designed for the unique, modern needs of business owners. Card holders earn three times the points for purchases made on essential business expenditures, such as office supplies, electronics, food, drinks, transportation and gas. For all other purchases, regular points are earned. As you can see, this card ensures that business owners easily earn points where ever it is they spend.
When you get this credit card, AMEX will greet you with 57,000 bonus points when you spend $5,000 or more on the credit card within the first three months of card membership.
All of these perks are fantastic and the cost is a reasonable $99 per year. Additional cards come with no annual fee which means that your coworkers can obtain a card free of charge while contributing to your points balance and paying for necessary business expenses. Card holders also benefit from being able to pay off their balance at any time, insurance, Front of the Line access and custom business tools. After you've earned a healthy points balance, you can redeem them for travel, dining, entertainment, retail and merchandise purchases, among many others.
The only disadvantage to this credit card is that it is not as widely accepted as Visa or Mastercard. However, this usually is not a huge disadvantage to most businesses since they typically have more than one credit card available for use on top of other payment methods.?
All in all, the American Express Business Edge credit card is an excellent choice for small business owners and entrepreneurs. Points can be earned and redeemed on a wide array of things which gives you the best of both worlds. Finally, this credit card is an optimal choice if your business is new to credit cards and you don?t want to make a big commitment just yet!
* Subject to approval. The preferred rate for purchases is 19.99% and funds advances is 21.99%. If you have Missed Payments, the applicable rates for your account will be 23.99% and/or 26.99%. See the information box included with the application for the definition of Missed Payment and which rates apply to charges on your account and other details. Maximum of 99 Supplementary Cards. Supplementary Card applicant must be the age of majority.
**As a Charge Card, the balance must always be paid in full each month. 30% annual interest rate applies to balances not paid in full. Payments must be received and processed by the date of the next monthly statement to avoid interest charges.
?: Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express.
1. 30,000 Welcome Bonus points - This offer is only available to new American Express Business Edge? Cardmembers. For current or former American Express Business EdgeTM Cardmembers, we may approve your application, but you will not be eligible for the Welcome Bonus. Offer subject to change. To qualify for the Welcome Bonus you must have at least $5,000 in net purchases posted to your account in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Account must be in good standing. Please allow up to eight weeks for the Welcome Bonus to be awarded.
2. 1,000 Monthly Bonus points - To qualify, you must have at least $3,000 in net purchases posted to your account by the last day of each billing period. Purchases made during a billing period but posted after the end of that billing period may not count towards eligible spend for that month. If this occurs, that purchase will count towards eligible spend for the next billing period. For example, if your monthly billing period is from Oct 15 to Nov 14, a purchase made on Nov 14 (transaction date) and posts on Nov 15 (posting date) may not count for eligible spend for that month. In this case, that purchase will count towards spend in the next month's billing period. Account must be in good standing. Please allow up to eight weeks for your bonus points to be awarded.
3. Maximum of 99 Supplementary Cards per account. Supplementary Card applicant must be the age of majority. No annual fee for supplementary cards.
4. You can earn Membership Rewards points for eligible purchases at American Express retail merchants as follows: Earn 3 points for every $1 at or for (i) office supply retailers whose primary business is the sale of office supplies in Canada, (ii) electronic goods retailers whose primary business is the sale of electronics in Canada, (iii) stand-alone automobile gasoline stations in Canada, (iv) local commuter transportation in Canada including subway, streetcar, taxi, limousine and ride sharing services, (v) restaurant, quick service restaurant, coffee shop and drinking establishments in Canada, and (vi) delivery of food in Canada as a primary business, but not including groceries, up to a combined maximum of 75,000 Membership Rewards points earned on net purchases posted to your account annually on these categories. Once the maximum is reached, you will no longer earn at 3 points for every $1 regardless of any deductions of points for credits, returns and adjustments. Earn 1 point for every $1 thereafter. Calculation resets to zero each year on the Cardmembership anniversary date. Purchases at merchants where these categories are not their primary business such as general merchandise retailers do not qualify. Merchants are typically assigned codes and categorized based on what they sell. Earn rate of 1 point for every $1 applies when the merchant code is not in an eligible category, using a payment account or service of a third party, a card reader attached to a mobile phone or online retailer that sells goods of other merchants or the merchant category is otherwise not identified. Provided your account is in good standing, points can be earned on eligible purchases less credits and adjustments. Interest charges, annual fees, other fees and cash equivalent transactions are not purchases and do not qualify for Membership Rewards points. Points are not eligible for transfer to programs that offer airline and frequent flyer redemptions.
5. All references to you means the Basic Cardmember.
6. Referral Program Terms: Your account must be in good standing. If this is a personal or family referral, you agree to only make recommendations to known friends and family members with whom you have a relationship and who have confirmed to you that they want to receive this communication. If this is a referral in the context of your business, you agree to only make recommendations to business contacts whom you know and have consented to receive this recommendation from you. You must not send recommendations to people you do not know. Whenever you reach out to a potential referral, you will only use content we provide. Any additional statements you make cannot be inconsistent with our content and must be truthful, accurate and not misleading. You should not publish or distribute your referral link in locations where the audience is likely to include individuals with whom you do not have a business, personal or family relationship or who may not be interested in the offer. You can only receive a maximum referral bonus of 75,000 per calendar year for approved referrals, which includes eligible referral bonus amounts from both (i) special or limited time referral offers and (ii) regular referral offers in that same calendar year. Referral bonus for each approved referral and maximum annual referral bonus limit may change at any time and if you change card products. Should the referral bonus amount change during the calendar year, you may receive a partial bonus depending on the available maximum bonus amount. You are not eligible to receive this referral bonus offer if you have already reached your maximum annual referral bonus limit. The referral bonus will be awarded to you based on each eligible referral for which American Express receives an application that is subsequently approved, subject to all applicable terms and conditions. Your referral bonus will be awarded in the calendar year in which the eligible referral application is approved and not when the referral application is received. Due to the confidential nature of the approval process, you will not be notified when applications are approved or declined and any individual you have referred must agree to allow your account to be bonused upon approval or you will not receive the referral bonus. If our records indicate that any person you have referred has opted not to receive e-mails from us, your referral will not be sent and you will not receive the referral bonus offered as part of this program. Referral program varies by product and may be modified, suspended, cancelled or otherwise terminated without notice. Cannot be combined with any other offer. If the people that you refer have already applied for the product that you are referring without participating in this program, neither you nor they will be eligible for any referral bonus that may be offered as part of this program. Likewise, if the people you refer decide to apply for a Card through this referral program other than the one you have specifically recommended, the referral bonus for which you and they may be eligible will vary. You will only use the delivery methods we provide. By participating in the referral program, you are requesting that emails be sent on your behalf to individuals with whom you have a business, personal or family relationship. If you already have an American Express Card, you are prohibited from referring yourself for any American Express Card. Any violation or abuse of this referral program including, sending emails to individuals with whom you have no business, personal or family relationship, referring yourself, and efforts to bypass, manipulate, obscure or otherwise modify the delivery and accurate presentation of the referral link, sharing tools, content, disclosures, instructions or other materials we provide will be considered a breach of these Terms and make you ineligible for any referral bonus, reverse any referral bonus awarded, and result in your termination from the program and cancellation of your Card account. Referral program participants should allow 8 to 10 weeks for the award of the referral bonus once program criteria have been met and must be enrolled in the corresponding loyalty program (if applicable) when the referral bonus is awarded. American Express reserves the right to limit, cancel, or revoke a referral or welcome bonus if it determines, in its sole discretion, you have violated these Terms. All products and services are subject to applicable Terms and Conditions.
7. The Fixed Points Travel Program applies to return airfares offered through American Express Travel Services Canada or americanexpress.ca/travel. Card account must be in good standing. To be eligible and be presented with this redemption option, you must have sufficient Membership Rewards points (?points?) at the time of booking. When booking for multiple travellers on the same itinerary, you must have enough points to cover all travellers.
Under the Fixed Points Travel Program, a fixed number of points covers the base ticket price of eligible flights up to the applicable maximum base ticket price. The flight grid includes the fixed number of points with the corresponding applicable maximum base ticket price required per category.
The base ticket price (often referred to by airlines as the base fare) excludes taxes, fees and carrier surcharges. You will be charged for these additional costs and any dollar amount that exceeds the applicable maximum base ticket price. If the base ticket price for an eligible flight is below the applicable maximum base ticket price, the difference: (i) cannot be used to cover taxes, fees or carrier surcharges; (ii) will not be credited to your Card account; and (iii) will not be applied to cover additional costs associated with changes or cancellations. The full cost of the flight, including taxes, fees and carrier surcharges will be charged to your Card upon booking. Within 5-10 business days from the date of booking, you will receive a statement credit for the base ticket price up to the applicable maximum base ticket price.
A select route requires a redemption of 20,000 points and the maximum base ticket price is $300. If an eligible flight for this route has a base ticket price of $250 plus $100 in taxes, fees and carrier surcharges (total cost of flight amounts to $350), then you will be required to redeem 20,000 points and will be charged $350; you will then receive a statement credit for $250 (the base ticket price).
If you decide to change this booking reservation for a new eligible flight with a higher base ticket price (such as $275), then in addition to all other applicable charges, you will also be required to pay an additional $25 (the difference between $250 and $275) even though the new base ticket price is below the $300 maximum base ticket price.
A select route requires a redemption of 20,000 points and the maximum base ticket price is $300. If an eligible flight for this route has a base ticket price of $350 plus $100 in taxes, fees and carrier surcharges (total cost of flight amounts to $450), then you will be required to redeem 20,000 points and will be charged $450; you will then receive a statement credit for $300 (the maximum base ticket price).
You are responsible for any additional charges as a result of any changes or cancellations to your booking. Subject to an airline?s policy, a change or cancellation may result in a credit to your Card account and/or a credit with the respective airline. In neither case will the points you redeemed for this flight be returned to you. Flight availability and prices of flights are subject to availability and set by the airlines. Eligible routes are based on the International Air Transport Association airport code classification.
If the American Express Installment Program applies to you and you also redeem points for one or more transactions, the Installment Program will take precedence and the credit will apply to your account in the regular course. This could result in you having a credit balance on your account. If you want to reduce the credit balance, you can cancel any active installment plans you may have. See the Installment Program terms and conditions in your Cardmember Agreement for details, if applicable.
American Express can suspend or terminate the Fixed Points Travel Program at any time it deems necessary, and reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to the flight grid above, at any time.
The Terms and Conditions of the American Express Membership Rewards Program will continue to apply. Visit?MembershipRewards.ca?to view the full Membership Rewards Program Terms and Conditions. In the event of a conflict, these Terms and Conditions prevail for the Fixed Points Travel Program.
8. You can redeem Membership Rewards points for a statement credit towards an Eligible Purchase charged to an Eligible Card. You must redeem a minimum of 1,000 Points per redemption. Redemption rates may vary by Eligible Card. Statement credits on your Card Account should not exceed the aggregate amount of the Eligible Purchase(s) on your Eligible Card. You can register for online services to view your Eligible Purchases and to redeem online. Only Eligible Purchases posted to your Card Account during the last 3 months, up to 150 most recent Eligible Purchases will be displayed for redemption. If you wish to redeem points towards an Eligible Purchase within the last 12 months that is not displayed online, please contact us at the number listed on the back of your Card. Eligible Travel Purchases: 1,000 points=10 statement credit. All other eligible purchases: 1,000 points=$7 statement credit.
To use your MR points to purchase eligible items at Amazon.ca, your eligible Membership Rewards program account (?MR points Account?) must be linked to your Amazon.ca account through the enrollment process. We reserve the right to restrict your use of Shop with Points or to un-enroll your MR points Account by de-linking it from your Amazon.ca account at any time in our sole discretion, including when we suspect misuse or fraud.
You agree that Amazon.com.ca, Inc. and its affiliates (collectively, ?Amazon?) may share information that you have provided to Amazon with Amex Bank of Canada and its affiliates (collectively, ?Amex?). Amex may share information with Amazon regarding your Membership Rewards points account for the sole purpose of managing and facilitating the Shop With Points program using membership rewards points. This information sharing allows us to link your Amazon.ca account to your MR points Account and, once enrolled, Amex may provide Amazon with information about your MR points Account, including your total MR points balance. We may also share information that you have provided to Amazon with Amex so that Amex can perform its functions with respect to the Shop with Points program, including processing payments made with MR points. Neither Amazon or Amex will use information provided to it by the other party in support of the Shop With Points program for any purpose other than as expressly set forth in this paragraph.
Certain items at Amazon.ca are not eligible for purchase using MR points, and these items may change at any time. MR points may not be used when making purchases with 1-Click. If you do not have enough MR points to pay for your eligible purchase, you can pay for the remainder with the Amex credit or charge card linked to your MR points Account, or an Amazon.ca Gift Certificate. Your MR points balance will typically be reduced to reflect the amount of your purchase at the time of your order, but in some cases it may not reflect your use of MR points for pending purchase transactions until the purchase has shipped or otherwise been fulfilled. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have enough MR points in your MR points Account at the time your MR points are ultimately redeemed. If you don?t have enough MR points remaining in your MR points account at the time they are to be redeemed, you will be required to authorize another payment method. Your Amex credit or charge card will not be charged automatically. MR points may not currently be combined with other rewards programs to make eligible purchases using Shop with Points at Amazon.ca.
Returns are subject to Amazon?s returns policy. If Amazon accepts a return for an item you purchased using only MR points, those MR points will be credited to your Points Account. If Amazon accepts a return for an item you purchased using MR points and another payment method, Amazon may, in its sole discretion, credit the return to the other payment method before crediting MR points to your MR points Account. This is different from the order in which payment methods (MR points, Amex credit and charge card and stored value card) are applied at the time of purchase. See ordering section of the FAQ for details. If you no longer have an active MR points account or, if applicable, Amex credit or charge card, Amazon may process your return by providing you with an Amazon gift card.
If you use a Corporate Card to make a purchase (whether alone or in conjunction with MR points), you agree that you are using the Corporate Card in accordance with your company?s policy. In the event that a returned item results in a credit to your Corporate Card instead of a return of MR points, it is your sole responsibility to resolve this with your company and you agree to hold Amazon and American Express harmless in respect of any loss you may incur. American Express Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions apply and are available at membershiprewards.ca or at www.americanexpress.ca/corporateMRterms for Corporate Membership Rewards Program Owners.
10. Membership Rewards points can be redeemed for Gift Cards, Certificates and other merchandise. The Gift Card or Certificate is subject to the Terms and Conditions indicated on the reward. For Full Membership Rewards Terms & Conditions, visit membershiprewards.ca or call the number on the back of your Card.
11. Basic and Supplementary Card annual fees may be tax deductible in Canada, if used solely for business purposes; please consult your tax professional.
12. To qualify for a Welcome Bonus of 30,000 points, you must have at least $5,000 in net purchases posted to your account in your first 3 months of Cardmembership. Account must be in good standing. This offer is not applicable to holders of an existing American Express Small Business Card product. When we stop offering the Welcome Bonus, we reserve the right to accept applications but you will not be eligible for the Welcome Bonus.
13. To qualify for a Welcome Bonus of 35,000 points, you must have at least $7,000 in net purchases posted to your account in your first 3 months of Card membership. Account must be in good standing. This offer is not applicable to holders of an existing American Express Small Business Card product. When we stop offering the Welcome Bonus, we reserve the right to accept applications but you will not be eligible for the Welcome Bonus.
14, Maximum of 99 Supplementary Cards per account. Supplementary Card applicant must be the age of majority. No annual fee for supplementary cards.
15.Employee Card Misuse Protection is not insurance. It is a benefit made available to you by Amex Bank of Canada and Administered by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. You may contact the insurer at 1-888-877-1710 in Canada and the U.S. or visit?www.rsagroup.ca. Please read the terms and conditions of the Employee Card Misuse Protection carefully, as they include specific terms, limitations, conditions and exclusions that may affect your coverage
16. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. You may contact the insurer at 1-888-877-1710 in Canada and the U.S. or visit?www.rsagroup.ca. This coverage can only apply when you are authorized and permitted by law to operate the rental car.
17. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. You may contact the insurer at 1-888-877-1710 in Canada and the U.S. or visit?www.rsagroup.ca. Coverage is in excess of any and all other applicable insurance.
18. When you charge the full price on eligible purchases to your American Express Business Edge? Card, the coverage given under the manufacturer?s original warranty is automatically doubled for up to one additional year. Buyer's Assurance Protection Plan is underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. You may contact the insurer at 1-888-877-1710 in Canada and the U.S. or visit?www.rsagroup.ca. Certain limitations, exclusions and restrictions apply. Please read the terms & conditions carefully.
19.Purchase must be charged in full to an American Express Card. Subject to availability and to event and ticketing terms, restrictions, verification procedures and fees. Tickets and packages may not be transferable and should not be resold. No refunds and no exchanges subject to merchant's obligations under applicable law.
20. Subject to capacity. Admittance granted with an American Express Card. Beverages will be for purchase. Must be 19 years of age or older to have alcohol and must have a valid ID. Please drink responsibly.