Best Instant Approval Credit Cards in Canada for 2023
- No annual fee
- Unlimited rewards
- Automatic monthly cash back redemption
- Get more rewards
Apply for a Tangerine Money-Back Credit Card by May 2nd, 2023 and earn an extra 10% back (up to $100) when you spend up to $1,000 in everyday purchases within your first 2 months.*
1.95% interest on the transferred balance for the first 6 months
Regarded as one of the best credit card in Canada, Tangerine Money-Back Credit Card provides no annual fee, a lucrative 2% cash back in up to 3 merchant categories, and 0.5% on all other purchases with no caps, tiers or limits. It provides choice, value and convenience to beginner credit card users and even works great as a secondary credit card.
- No annual fee -The no annual fee for both primary and secondary holders means that you are not paying for your cash back.
- Unlimited rewards -Earn as much cash back rewards regardless of the category.
- Automatic monthly cash back redemption -Every month, Tangerine will either apply your cashback dollars against your credit card balance or deposit it directly into your Tangerine Savings Account.
- Flexibility - You can choose 2-3 categories for the 2% cash back and change categories once every 90 days to match your spending pattern.
- Get more cash back rewards -Maximize your credit card rewards by choosing another cash back credit card that has bonus categories and using your Tangerine card to expand and get more bonus categories.
If you've been looking for a credit card that offers money-back rewards, then the Tangerine Money-Back Credit Card might be right for you. The card has no annual fee and is designed to offer cash back on all purchases made with the card - anytime during the year!
Great credit card for those who would like to maximize the cashback they earn by choosing their spend categories to earn more cashback.
Viewed as one of the best credit cards in Canada, Tangerine Money-Back Credit Card provides no annual fee, a lucrative 2% cash back in up to 3 merchant categories, and 0.5% on all other purchases with no caps, tiers or limits. It provides choice, value and convenience to beginner credit card users and even works great as a secondary credit card.
Apply for a Tangerine Money-Back Credit Card by May 2nd, 2023 and earn an extra 10% back (up to $100) when you spend up to $1,000 in everyday purchases within your first 2 months.*
The most notable feature is the cash back rewards. Who wouldn't want to earn money while they spend! In order to determine an estimate of how much you'll earn using this card, take your total credit card spending per month and multiply it by 1%. Typically, these card users average out to 1% cash back on purchases between the special 2% categories and 0.5% on all other purchases. If you spend $1,000 a month, you'll earn $10 ($1,000 x 0.01)!
Tangerine's Money Back Credit Card has lower than average fees as well. In addition, they are an excellent bank to work with since they're owned by Scotiabank. More often than not, Tangerine's clients benefit indirectly from Scotiabank's services without paying the big bank fees. That being said, Tangerine's services are so affordable because they don't offer in person services the way traditional banks do. If that's something you value, this card might not be right for you.
Wondering what's the difference between the 2 cards Compare the Tangerine Money Back vs World Mastercard®
- Generous first-year rewards
- Redeem anything you want
- Transferability of points
- Monthly fee
- Free supplementary card
While geared towards young people, the American Express Cobalt® Card has plenty features and benefits that make it appealing to a wide range of people. It offers 5x more points on eats and drinks from grocery shopping to dining out, and 2x points on travel and transit. Additionally, the ability to transfer points to hotel partners or to the Fixed Points Travel Program makes this the best travel credit card in Canada with a fee. If you spend a lot on food and travel, then this credit card deserves a place in your wallet.
- Generous first-year rewards - You have the ability to earn up to 30,000 bonus points in the first year.
- Redeem anything you want -Reward points can be redeemed for travel, restaurant, movies, and merchandise. Unlike other rewards card, you can use your points for almost anything you want.
- Transferability of points -You can transfer points into the Marriott Bonvoy rewards system which unlocks access to amazing rewards programs like British Airways, Aeroplan, and more than 30 other airline partners. You can also transfer to the Hilton Honors rewards program at 1:1 ratio.
- Monthly fee - Instead of paying for a one-time annual fee, you are charged every month, giving you time to test out the card and cancel it if it's not the right fit for your spending habits.
- Free supplementary card - This usually costs an additional $50 on most rewards card. Get one for an immediate family member and boost your earning potential.
The American Express Cobalt® Card started out as a credit card designed for millennials and young professionals. Today, it’s one of the most flexible and versatile credit cards out there. In fact, it’s now commonly used by people from all walks of life because of the lucrative benefits.
One reason the American Express Cobalt® Card is so popular is because of the quick rewards that come with it. Points can be earned on everyday purchases which is what makes the earnings accumulate so rapidly. On food and drinks, such as grocery, restaurant, food delivery, bar and cafe purchases, cardholders earn five points per dollar spent.
On transit and travel, cardholders earn two points per dollar spent. These rewards are not limited to vacation only, cardholders will earn points when they spend on public transit, taxis and Ubers too. All other purchases earn one point per dollar spent. As you can see, no matter what your lifestyle is, you’ll quickly rack up points!
Points can be redeemed to cover the cost of flights and accommodation with 1,000 points being equivalent to $10. Flights don’t have any blackout dates and you can choose any airline you’d like. In addition, the points can be used to cover fees and taxes. If you don’t have an upcoming trip, you can also spend your points on events through Ticketmaster at a rate of 2,000 points to $20. As you probably noticed, the rate of return is the same when you spend on travel and events which is fantastic! For less bang for your buck, you can also use your points for gift cards or merchandise purchases.
Cardholders benefit from travel insurance as well. The insurance covers things like travel accidents, car rental insurance, medical emergencies, flight interruption or delay among others. Last but not least, cardholders gain access to American Express Invites which are limited offer, exclusive events.
All of these benefits sound amazing but there’s a cost for all the wonderful benefits. There’s a monthly fee of $12.99, which works out to be $155.88 per year. The monthly payment makes it easy for most to manage. Also, you need to make between $60,000 and $80,000 per year and have decent credit. The only disadvantage is the cap rate on the bonus points is 30,000. Another downside to this bonus is the points can’t be redeemed in a lump sum. This means there is a delay between when you earn the points and when you can redeem them.
That being said, the American Express Cobalt® Card is still an excellent option for those who travel a lot and make lots of eligible purchases.
If everything about this card sounds good to you, sign up today and receive an extra 2,500 points each month you spend $500 or more, an achievable spending rate for most! You can earn up to 30,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- High cashback rewards
- Complete suite of insurance and protection plans
If you are comfortable with shelling out a small fee of $99 per year, then the SimplyCash Preferred Card from American Express is one of the best cashback rewards cards. Those who want to maximize their rewards can take advantage of the limited-time 10% cashback rewards. It also offers a comprehensive insurance package that's worth more than $100 in value.
Why We Like It:
- High cashback rewards One of the highest we've seen, the 10% promo cash back is a welcome opportunity for people who have a major purchase coming up. After the four-month promotional period is up, it returns to a still high 2% cash back with no limits. Cash back is applied as a statement credit to your account each September.
- Complete suite of insurance and protection plans This Amex card offers extensive insurance that includes insurance against rental car damage, travel accident, foreign medical, and baggage theft as well as double manufacturer's warranty and insurance against theft or damage for purchases.
The SimplyCash Preferred credit card allows you to earn while you spend. There are no categories or limitations - wherever you spend, you’ll earn cash back with no earning caps. While the credit card does come with an annual fee of $99, you’ll benefit from numerous perks in addition to cash back.SimplyCash® Preferred Card from American Express
The American Express SimplyCash Preferred Card offers cardholders an incredible range of benefits that include high cashback rates and a referral bonus. American Express offers exceptional customer service to its cardholders, with customer care professionals that are available to answer questions and deal with card problems, such as lost or stolen cards, 24 hours a day.Features and Benefits of the SimplyCash® Preferred Card
- Fantastic Welcome Offer. Earn up to $400 in Statement Credits
- Cash Back Rate. Earn 2% cash back on all purchases.
- Up to $1,500 cashback annually for approved referrals
- No Limit on Earnings. After the welcome offer expires, there are no limitations on earnings with the 2% rate.
- Travel and Shopping Insurance. Travel abroad and shop around with peace of mind. Insurance coverage includes travel accident, car rental theft and damage, buyers assurance protection and much more.
- Entertainment Benefits. Access special event offers from American Express, such as theatre, music, fine dining, fashion and shopping.
- Cashback is earned on every purchase made with your card
- There are no limits on the amount of cashback you can receive
- Travel insurance limits are generous
- Early access to concerts and other events
- Amex isn't accepted as widely as Visa and Mastercard
The American Express SimplyCash Preferred Card is an excellent option for those who are looking for a generous cashback program. Individuals who travel frequently for business or pleasure can also benefit from this card's included travel insurance, which covers accidents, medical expenses, and even lost baggage. Although this card comes with great benefits, it's important for potential users to consider the downfalls, which is the fact that some retailers across Canada don't accept American Express cards.It is always good to have a Visa or Mastercard credit card as a backup.
- No Annual Fee
- Awesome Welcome Offer
- Cash Back Rate
- Entertainment Special Access
- Basic Insurance Coverage
If you’re looking for a straightforward cash back credit card - this could be an ideal option for you! With no annual fee, earn 1.25% cash back, obtain insurance coverage and access to American Express special events. This is an ideal credit card for individuals wanting to earn cash back without making a big commitment to an annual fee.
- No Annual Fee. One of the few American Express cards that comes with no annual fee.
- Awesome Welcome Offer. In your first 10 months as a new SimplyCash® Card from American Express Cardmember, you can earn a $10 statement credit for each monthly billing period in which you spend $300 in purchases on your Card.
- Cash Back Rate. Once the welcome offer expires, earn 1.25% on all purchases with no limitations.
- Entertainment Special Access. Gain access to American Express exclusive offers and experiences.
- Insurance Coverage. Travel accident, buyer’s assurance and purchase protection insurance comes with card ownership.
The American Express SimplyCash® Card features no annual fees and offers cardholders a flat, unlimited cashback rate. Just as with the SimplyCash® Preferred Card, American Express offers its members the opportunity to receive a generous bonus for referrals. Its customer care professionals are available around-the-clock to address cardholder concerns and fraud protection is included with every card.
- Earn up to $100 in Statement Credits
- Up to $750 cashback annually for approved referrals
- Purchase Protection Plan covers all purchases made with the card
- Front of the Line ticket access for concerts, dining, film, and other experiences with American Express Invites
- Built-in fraud protection and emergency card replacements
- $100,000 travel accident insurance that includes a Buyer's Assurance Protection Plan
Pros and Cons of the SimplyCash® Card
- No annual fees
- Cashback is unlimited
- Purchase Protection Plan protects you from shopping with bad merchants
- Early access to concerts and other events
- Amex isn't accepted as widely as Visa and Mastercard
- Travel benefits are reduced when compared with the SimplyCash Preferred Card
The SimplyCash® Card from American Express is among the best choices for individuals who are looking for a cashback card that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Because cashback earnings aren't limited with this card and the interest rate is reasonable, this card makes a great choice for everyday use. Those who travel frequently and require comprehensive insurance may want to consider upgrading to the SimplyCash Preferred Card, as the SimplyCash card's travel insurance benefits are limited by comparison.
- $0 annual fee
- Cashback on four key areas
- Peace of mind
7.99% introductory interest rate on purchases for the first 6 months
Although it comes with no bells and whistles, the Scotia Momentum MasterCard Credit Card has an attractive low balance transfer promotion that may be appealing for people looking to pay off their debt. This no-fee cashback credit card also has solid features enough to make it ideal for people who want to build their credit.
Why We Like It:
- $0 annual fee Because it is a no-fee credit card, it makes the perfect starter card, or a secondary card for existing Visa or Amex cardholders who wish to shop on stores where only a MasterCard is accepted such as Costco.
- Cashback on four key areas Not many no-free credit cards offer no-limit cashback rewards on gas, groceries, drugstore and recurring bills.
- Peace of mind Even though this MasterCard lacks travel insurance and purchase protection, it makes up for it by giving 0% liability on all unauthorized credit card payments.
The Scotia Momentum® Mastercard® * Credit Card is a standard card that gives you a 19.99% interest rate on purchases and 22.99% on cash advances. It comes with no annual fee and gives you back 1% on all purchases.
However, what sets this product apart from the market is the 7.99% introductory interest rate for 6 months.
This card, despite being without any cost, gives you some great perks and benefits. Here are some of them below:
- Gain access to handpicked Mastercard experiences in Canada
- Get a free supplementary card for your spouse, friend or family members
- Enjoy 24-hour access to the Mastercard Global Services
- Be able to purchase from Costco wholesale
- Save up to 25% on car rentals
- Zero liability protection: you'll not be held responsible for unauthorized purchases made with your card
- Get optional protection in the event of hospitalization, disability, loss of employment or death
Overall, it is a great credit card with a low promotional rate of 7.99% on purchases for the first 6 months.
This no-fee cashback credit card also has solid features enough to make it ideal for people who want to build their credit.
- Free hotel stays
- Loyalty rewards
- Airline conversion
- Shopping and travel protection
- No foreign transaction fees
- Upgraded status
While geared towards hotel rewards, the Marriott Bonvoy Amex Credit Card is also a great card for travelers with a multitude of redemption options as well as valuable travel and shopping benefits. The free hotel stays are enough to pay for the annual fee. And when combined with the flexible travel points, this credit card is one of the best choices for both hotel and travel benefits.
- Welcome bonus-New Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Cardmembers, earn 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy™ points after you charge $1,500 in purchases to your Card in your first three months of Cardmembership.Subject to change at any time
- Earn 5 points for every dollar in eligible Card purchases at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy®
- Free hotel stays – Points can be redeemed for free nights with no blackout dates at more than 7,000 affiliated hotels. Plus, this credit card gives you a Free Night Award every year after your membership anniversary.
- Loyalty rewards – Earn 6x base points per dollar at Marriott-affiliated properties when you use the card and 11x base points per dollar for being a Marriott member. This gives you 17x points per dollar or more!
- Airline conversion – Points are transferrable to more than 40 airlines.
- Shopping and travel protection – Get protected against travel emergencies and accidents, car rental theft and damage, flight and baggage delay, and hotel or motel burglary.
- No foreign transaction fees – Perfect for online and overseas purchases.
- Upgraded status – Get complimentary Silver Elite Member Status or a fast track to Gold Elite status by spending $30,000 in a calendar year.Earn 5 points for every dollar in eligible Card purchases at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy®
As the credit card’s name implies, spending on this card allows you to collect points towards the Marriott Bonvoy Rewards Program. This loyalty program allows you to redeem points on Marriott, Delta, Renaissance, Sheraton and Westin hotels, to name a few. Points can be used towards the base cost, taxes and fees. In addition, there are no restrictions or blackout dates, you can book whichever dates you want. Last, but definitely not least, this is the only Canadian credit card that earns Marriott Bonvoy points!
If you don’t want to use your points for a hotel room, you can transfer your points to an airline loyalty program. There are tons of participating airline programs, including Aeroplan. Receive a 15,000 point bonus from the Marriott BonvoyTM program when you transfer 60,000 points to a frequent flyer program. There are several other uses for the points you earn using this credit card, but the hotels and flights are where you’ll get the best value. Given how many options there are, you likely won’t be redeeming your points elsewhere!
Card holders earn five points for every dollar spent at a Marriott property and two points for every dollar spent elsewhere. You’ll also receive a welcome bonus of 50,000 points once you spend $1,500 in the first 3 months of Cardmenbership. Finally, card holders receive fifteen Elite Night credits every calendar year, Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite status, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status when you spend $30,000 on your credit card in a year, guaranteed in-room internet and basic travel insurance. All of these benefits come with a $120 annual fee.
Unlike most AMEX credit cards, this one is not a charge card. That means that the credit card’s balance can revolve from month to month without additional repercussions. If you don’t pay your full credit card balance every month, not having a charge card is ideal. In addition, there are no income requirements aside from paying the annual fee. On the contrary, the only pitfall is that American Express isn’t as widely accepted as Visa or Mastercard. This can be challenging when travelling or even using your credit card on a day to day basis.
Overall, the American Express Marriott Bonvoy Card is one of Canada’s finest credit cards. The versatility of the credit card allows you to use your points towards hotels and flights which truly is the best of both worlds. If you’re an avid traveler, this may be the credit card of your dreams!
Earn extra Rewards
Boingo Wi-Fi for Mastercard®
On-Demand and Subscription Services
Mobile Device Insurance
The Tangerine World Mastercard is a new addition to Tangerine’s financial products. As with the Tangerine Money-Back Mastercard, there is no annual fee, 2% cash back on three categories and 0.5% cash back on all other purchases. Some of Tangerine’s spending categories include restaurants, furniture, groceries, gas, home improvement and entertainment.
Apply for a Tangerine World Mastercard® by May 2nd, 2023 and earn an extra 10% back* (up to $100) when you spend up to $1,000 in everyday purchases within your first 2 months.
The World Mastercard offers new perks to their customers that are not available to Tangerine Money-Back Mastercard users. Mobile insurance of $1,000, rental car insurance worth $65,000 for 31 days and Mastercard airport experiences are perks that cardholders gain access to. Both of these insurance packages are beneficial for individuals who have a smartphone and renting cars often. In addition, with the Mastercard LoungeKey membership, you can access airport lounges all over the world at a discounted rate.
All in all, the Tangerine World Mastercard is an excellent choice because of the cash back rewards and other perks. Start earning cash on your expenditures today!
Tangerine Frequently Asked Questions
Is Tangerine a good credit card?
Tangerine has two credit cards. The Tangerine Money-Back Credit Card and the Tangerine World Mastercard. Both offer no annual fee and a 19.95% interest rate. They offer purchase assurance and extended warranty on products fully purchased with their credit cards.
Tangerine also offers 2% Money-Back Rewards in two categories of your choice and 0.05% on all other everyday purchases. If you deposit your Money-Back directly into a Tangerine savings account, you unlock a third 2% Money-Back Rewards category. This credit card has no cap on the amount of Money-Back Rewards you can earn. The Tangerine Money-Back Credit Card is a great choice and is competitive with the credit card options of big banks. The Tangerine World Mastercard has added benefits and is harder to qualify for. Benefits include: Mastercard travel rewards, Mastercard airport experiences, mobile device insurance, car rental insurance, and worldwide wi-fi hotspot access.
Tangerine Money-Back Credit Card
To qualify for this credit card, you must have: a gross annual income of $12,000 plus, be the age of majority in your province or territory, be a permanent resident of Canada and be clear of bankruptcies over the past 7 years.
Tangerine World Mastercard
To qualify for this credit card, you must have: $60,000 plus gross annual income OR $100,000 plus household income OR $250,000 in Tangerine bank accounts. AND you must: be the age of majority in your province or territory, be a permanent resident of Canada and be clear of bankruptcies over the past 7 years.
Yes, Tangerine will do a credit check as you must agree to a credit check as part of your application process for either credit card Tangerine offers.
Tangerine pulls credit history and credit scores using the TransUnion credit reporting agency.
Tangerine does not provide information on their website about how to increase credit card limits. In most cases, maintaining a good payment history and low borrowing load will welcome credit increases. Often banks and creditors will offer regular increases without requests, but you will be asked and must approve these increases. If you would like a credit increase, you can call and speak to Tangerine’s client service representatives, who can walk you through their specific process and submit your request for a credit increase. Tangerine, like most banks, has an online credit increase form you should be able to complete and submit on your own too.How can I apply for a Tangerine credit card?
You can apply for a Tangerine credit card online, but you will need to register as a Tangerine client first. If you are already a Tangerine client, you can apply online or call now.
Wondering what's the difference between the 2 cards? Compare the Tangerine Money Back vs World Mastercard®
Price Protection Service
Insurance Coverage: Shop confidently knowing that your eligible purchases are well-protected when you make them using your card.
Price Protection Service: If you find a lower price within 60 days of your purchase the difference will be refunded – up to $500.
If you are looking for a card with low interest and annual fees, the HSBC +Rewards™ Mastercard® could be a good option. One of the main draws to this card is that not only do you have low fees and interest, but also the opportunity to earn points on every purchase. Not everyone is familiar with HSBC as a bank, as it is more internationally focused.
However, Canadians can find an excellent credit card with flexible redemption as well as an enticing welcome bonus offer that could be just what they are looking for in a credit card. Here’s our review of the HSBC +Rewards™ Mastercard® to help you decide if it will meet your needs.
It’s always smart to look at welcome bonuses credit cards offer new cardholders. You will find a pretty generous offer for becoming a HSBC +Rewards™ Mastercard® holder with a first year annual fee waiver for the Primary Cardholder and 35,000 bonus HSBC Rewards points with a minimum purchase of $2,000 within 180 days of account opening. Earn 5,000 points*when you start your application online ($25 travel value)
This is twice as much time to get your bonus points, as many banks often require the spend within the first three months. As well, an HSBC Rewards point is worth $0.005 when redeemed for travel, so you start off right out of the gate with up to $150 available. All of this for a low annual fee of just $25.
In hand with the above-mentioned bonus, although not an extensive list of perks, there are many other benefits and features with the HSBC +Rewards™ Mastercard® including:
- Low yearly fees of $25
- Low interest rate of 11.99%
- Double points on eligible dining and entertainment
- Price Protection for comparison shoppers
- Purchase insurance
- No minimum income requirement so anyone can apply
- Contactless payment perfect for pandemic shopping
The card is accepted worldwide and offers optional travel insurance for those who need it.
As mentioned, you have very reasonable low fees with the HSBC +Rewards™ Mastercard® at just $25 a year for the primary cardholder and $10/year for associated cards issued. Other fees include:
- 2.5% foreign currency fee
- 5% of your balance transfer
- $2 withdrawal fees for ATM withdrawals in Canada
- $2 wire transfer fee
Where you really see a difference is in the low interest rate of just 11.9%. This represents exceptional savings for those who tend to carry a balance.
HSBC +Rewards™ Mastercard® is designed to make it easy for people to both earn and redeem points. As with other cards, your points earned are broken down into categories, with 2 points for every $1 on eligible dining or entertainment purchases and 1 point for every $1 spent on everything else.
Some people might find it confusing for points redemption as the value varies based on the rewards you choose. You can redeem for travel, gift cards, merchandise or financial rewards. If you were travelling 30,000 points is equal to about $150.
On the other hand, what people love about this approach is they have more flexibility and can use their points where they need them most or to suit their lifestyle. You can also use the Mastercard Pay App if you want to build up your cashback automatically then redeem your points to make purchases from their online rewards catalogue.
As mentioned, many people choose the HSBC +Rewards™ Mastercard® due to its flexibility on how points are redeemed whether it is travel rewards, gift cards, or merchandise. Your choices include:
- Personal Finance such as your mortgage, credit card or savings account
- Rewards towards gift cards, electronics and exciting experiences
- Travel points towards flights, hotels, car rentals, etc.
As long as your account is in good standing, you never lose your points. That means you can continue to use your card to earn the number of points needed to meet certain goals whether it is planning a trip, paying down your mortgage or buying something special.
HSBC +Rewards™ Mastercard® Eligibility and Requirements
You just need to meet the age of majority in your home province and be a Canadian resident to apply. With no minimum income, it becomes easier to be eligible as long as you have a fair credit score of 680 or higher. Just be sure you have proof of identity and residency such as a driver’s license. You can apply online with an ID ready to go for instant verification.
Another popular choice in this category of credit cards is the Scotia Value Visa card. Here’s how it lines up with the HSBC +Rewards™ Mastercard®:
- Welcome offers: 0.99% introductory interest rate on balance transfers for the first 6 months
- Annual fee: $29, $0 for supplementary cards
- ARP interest rate: 12.99% on purchases, cash advances, balance transfers and Scotia Credit Card Cheques
- Credit Limit: $500.00 minimum
- Tap your Scotiabank Value® Visa* Card or your smartphone
- Save up to 25% off base car rental rates at participating AVIS and Budget locations in Canada and the U.S.
One of the biggest advantages of the Scotia Value Visa card is if you have a balance owed on a high-interest rate card you can balance that transfer to your new card and pay only 0.99% interest for six months. Planned right you can save tons of money, especially if you can completely pay down the balance in that period. However, the card doesn’t offer the same benefits and features as the HSBC +Rewards™ Mastercard® such as rewards, price protection, extended warranties and more. It all depends on your goals and what is most important to you.
This is the best card for people who want a card with rewards, don’t mind paying a low annual fee and are looking to reduce the interest they pay. If you have a fair to good credit score, but no income, you can reap the rewards of the points program, enjoy a low interest rate and use your reward points to help establish your financial health.
You can also use the rewards to work towards something like a trip or purchase. The HSBC +Rewards™ Mastercard® might have limited perks but compared to the Scotia Value Visa card you really are seeing much more value. You get a good base card that helps you save not just on interest but also on purchases in many categories allowing you to compare shop and still see savings if you find a better offer within 60 days of your purchase. It also offers excellent protection for this category of card.
You can also enjoy more nights out with double points earned on dining and entertainment, with those points used to pay for future meals and fun. All in all it is a nice rounded card for those looking to collect points on a low fee, low interest card.
As with any credit card you can apply online using their online application form. Be prepared to provide ID to prove you are a Canadian resident such as a driver’s license or something with your address and a photo as well as your social insurance number. The process is quick and painless and if approved you should receive your card within a few days via mail.
The bottom line is that the HSBC +Rewards™ Mastercard® is a solid card offering enough perks to make it worth the low $25 annual fee. It is really a great starter card, but also allows you to reduce how much interest you pay if you tend to carry a balance. If you are looking for basic perks including a very respectable and flexible rewards program, you can use your card to work towards a dream trip or to help you out financially.
You can also simply use your rewards towards purchases, and everything you purchase provides points. However, if you are interested in no fees or extensive benefits and insurance, this isn’t the card for you. Although you will find cards with many more benefits that also help you earn rewards more quickly, this is the perfect choice for a starter card, or for people looking for the best of both worlds: Low annual fees and interest rates plus a way to collect rewards to go towards financial support or living life to the fullest.
- Best Cash Back Credit Cards
- Best Air Miles Credit Cards
- Best U.S Dollar Credit Cards
- Best Insurance coverage Credit Cards
- Best Hotel Credit Cards
- Best Gas Credit Cards
- Best Grocery Credit Cards
- Best Business Credit Cards
- Best Student Credit Cards
- Best Credit Repair/Building Credit Cards
- Best Balance Transfer Credit Cards
- Best Low Rate Credit Cards
- Best No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards
- Best Rewards Credit Cards
- Best Travel Credit Cards
- Best Aeroplan Credit Cards
- Best Costco Credit Cards
- Best 0% Balance Transfer Credit Cards
- Best Dining Out Credit Cards
- Best Store Credit Cards
- Best Roadside assistance Credit Cards
- Best Premium Credit Cards
- Best Secured Credit Cards
- Best No Annual fee Credit Cards
- Best Bad Credit Credit Cards