Why we like it
For an annual fee of $139, card holders obtain an array of travel benefits including point travel redemption, travel insurance and airport lounge access. Scotiabank boasts about this credit card because it is the only major bank in Canada that offers a credit card with no foreign transaction fees and airport lounge access.
- Amazing Welcome Offer. When you spend $1,000 on the credit card within the first three months of ownership, you’ll earn 20,000 bonus points (worth about $200).
- Bonus Earning Offers. If you spend $40,000 in a year with this credit card, you’ll earn an additional 10,000 points (worth about $100).
- Scotia Rewards Earnings. Earn 2 Scotia points for every dollar you spend on groceries, dining, entertainment and daily transit. Earn 1 Scotia point for every dollar spent on other purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees. While the exchange rate of your foreign purchases will still apply, you’ll save money on foreign transaction fees which would typically be 2.5%.
- Airport Lounge Access. A complimentary Priority Pass membership is provided with this credit card along with six free lounge visits per year.
Credit Card snapshot
Welcome bonus: Earn up to 30,000 bonus Scotia Rewards points in your first year (that’s up to $300 towards travel )‡
• Earn 2x Scotia Rewards® points on every $1 you spend on eligible grocery stores, dining, entertainment purchases and daily transit purchases (including buses, subways, taxis and more)
• Enjoy no FX Mark-up
• Enjoy Complimentary Airport Lounge Access, plus 6 free lounge visits per year