Best RBC Credit Cards in Canada for 2023
- Instant sign-up bon
- Travel light
- Travel together
- Full security during travel
- Double the earnings
For the completely loyal WestJet passenger, the WestJet RBC World Elite MasterCard ? when used with a companion voucher ? helps deliver the most value for a travel credit card. It comes with numerous travel perks that when added together can amount to huge savings. And because it comes with an annual companion voucher and free checked bags, this credit card is best for families and couples.
- Instant sign-up bonus - No minimum spend required. You will instantly get $450 WestJet dollars as a welcome bonus.
- Travel light - One free checked bag for every person flying on the same itinerary as you (up to a maximum of 8 bags).
- Travel together - Take your family or your special someone with you on a trip. The annual round trip companion voucher covers the base fare for someone who will be travelling with you. What?s also great about the voucher is that you can use it on any flight, on any schedule and on the same class fare as you are booked.
- Full security during travel - Get covered while you travel against travel medical, trip interruption, purchase security and extended warranty, auto rental collision & loss, and more.
- Double the earnings - Maximize your earning potential when you use the credit card and your WestJet Rewards ID when booking a flight.
A fantastic card for loyal WestJet flyers, the WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard pays 450 welcome WestJet dollars after your first purchase. This offsets the $119 annual fee for three years! You'll earn 2% cash back in WestJet dollars on WestJet flights or vacation packages and 1.5% on all other purchases. The card also includes a premium travel insurance package and a free checked bag. That's all great, but its best feature is the annual round-trip companion voucher. Every year, book a second ticket on your reservation for anywhere within Canada or the U.S. for just $99, plus taxes and fees. (Companion flights to other destinations available for $299 and $399).
This credit card is virtually the same as the WestJet Mastercard except that there are some income requirements. To obtain this card, you must have a minimum individual income of $80,000 or a household income of $150,000. If you don't meet either of those requirements, you can also obtain this card by having $400,000 of total investable assets. In return, you will earn more points and faster. Talk about big bucks!
Another benefit of this credit card is that it is paired with RBC. In Canada, RBC is one of the higher end banks that you can work with. Remember that the more high end the bank is, the more fees and costs you?ll incur. But if service is important to you, then the fees are entirely worth it.
The WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard has its perks including travel benefits and the opportunity to work with a renowned and well established bank. Keep in mind that there is a hefty price on this card which may not be worth what you get. That being said, if you can afford it and it's worth it to you, go get this card!
WestJet flyers who don't meet the income requirements for the World Elite card or who can't tolerate the annual fee should check out the WestJet RBC Mastercard. For a $39 annual fee, you get 100 welcome WestJet dollars, 1% back in WestJet dollars for everyday purchases, and 1.5% on WestJet flights and vacation packages. This card now offers a companion voucher. Once a year, you can book a round trip flight for a guest anywhere in Canada for just $199, plus taxes and fees.
The WestJet Mastercard is an excellent choice, especially for individuals who have a travel bug! By using this card, individuals can collect and redeem points for their next vacation. In addition to financial support, card holders reap the benefits of WestJet's various travel services, including travel assistance, worldwide accepted transactions and travel insurance.
While the rewards of this card are superb, it comes with an annual fee. Although, those charges won't be an issue if you manage the card effectively. Keep in mind that travel benefits are not the most accessible to everyone. Not everyone travels frequently or wants to put all their money towards lowering those costs, but if that's not you, this might be the most ideal card for your needs!
Overall, the WestJet Mastercard is an amazing credit card because it is accessible to the majority of Canadians. However, travel benefits can't be used on a regular basis meaning you aren't getting the most bang for your buck, especially considering the annual fee. In addition to the yearly expense, other costs on this card add up quickly too.
If you like Westjet Rewards, this card has a close cousin worth looking into.Read our review on the Westjet World Elite Mastercard
- No annual fee
- Get rewarded for groceries
- Unlimited cash back
- Savings on gas
- Worry-free purchases
- Accepted worldwide
With grocery being the top consumer purchase in Canada, the RBC Cash Back MasterCard is a good credit card to consider if you are on a lookout for a practical cashback card. It offers 2% cash back on groceries from a large pool of participating stores, including Loblaw, Walmart Superstores, Quality Foods, and more. It also gives instant gas savings at Petro-Canada locations. And at zero annual fee, this cashback MasterCard easily delivers the best value with no commitment on your part.
- No annual fee -This cashback credit card stands out with $0 annual fee.
- Get rewarded for groceries -Use it for groceries and earn 2% cashback on purchases up to a maximum of $6,000 annually.
- Unlimited cash back - 1% cash back on other purchases, including bill payments.
- Savings on gas - Get more savings for fuel purchases at Petro-Canada when you link your Petro-Points Card to this credit card.
- Worry-free purchases - It offers damage, loss and theft protection as well as extended warranty for items purchases using your card.
- Accepted worldwide - Because it is a MasterCard, this credit card is widely accepted internationally.
The RBC Cash Back Mastercard has a slightly complicated rewards structure.
You earn 2% cash back on your first $6,000 in grocery store purchases every year, and 1% thereafter, unlimited.
On all other purchases, you earn 0.5% on the first $6,000 and 1% thereafter, unlimited.
It also includes purchase security and extended warranty. For no annual fee, it's worth holding this card for your grocery store purchases (the first $6,000, anyway).
- Tempting bonus offer
- Best travel companion
- Convenient redemption
- Simplified business processes
With a premium rewards program that gives you the flexibility to redeem points and rewards, we consider the RBC Visa Business Platinum Avion the best business credit card in Canada. It?s great for businesses that spend more than $800 a month and want a comprehensive insurance program for overseas travel and a lucrative welcome bonus on top of the flexibility in redeeming points.Tempting bonus offer ? You get 15,000 bonus RBC reward points simply by signing up and getting approved, plus a low introductory rate of 1.90% on the first 10 months for balance transfers and advances.
- Best travel companion ? The perfect card for business owners who constantly travel, it provides 25% more points on travel related purchases and as the ability to transfer points to other travel rewards programs. It also comes with a comprehensive travel insurance package that covers medical, trip interruption and cancellation, and rental car collision and damage protection.
- Convenient redemption ? Points can be used to redeem flights, vacation packages, merchandise, rentals, balance payment, gift cards for employees, and more.
- Simplified business processes ? This credit card helps simplify employee reimbursement, accounting, and help identify tax-deductible expenses.
Manage business expenses
Earn rewards for your business spend
Build credit for your business
Simplicity of recordkeeping and reporting, especially around tax time
Maintain control over spending
- No annual fee
- No U.S. credit score or address required
- Flexible redemption
- Various benefits
The RBC Visa Signature Black is a good card for people who regularly purchase in USD and who shop across the border. It transacts using U.S. dollar so you can avoid daily fluctuations. Because this is also an American credit card and not just a USD currency card, it does not charge the typical 2.5% foreign transaction fee on purchases in the US.No annual fee – This is a good deal for a card that helps you avoid fluctuating exchange rates and a foreign transaction fee.
- No U.S. credit score or address required – the company will use your Canadian credit history and any RBC relationship to qualify you for your card.
- Flexible redemption – This credit card lets you earn 1 RBC Rewards point for every $1 spent. Points earned can be redeemed for cash back, travel, gift cards, merchandise, and more.
- Various benefits – This credit card protects what’s valuable to you with trip cancellation or interruption insurance, travel accident insurance, auto rental collision damage waiver, cell phone insurance, and purchase security.
A U.S. dollar Visa card for the frequent traveller/shopper. Avoid exchange rates while earning 1 RBC Rewards point for every $1 spent. The points are flexible, but cash back is the simplest redemption option (1 point = $0.01). This no-annual fee card also comes with a travel insurance package, auto rental collision damage waiver, mobile phone insurance, and purchase security. Right now there’s a 0% introductory APR offer for the first 6 months.